𝕏𝕀𝕍

Blair woke up to find she was sitting in the same place as the night before, with Lexa cuddled up on her lap. She smiled, slowly and carefully getting up, being cautious not to wake her. She left the house as quietly as possible, going to her car and getting out her journal. She never wrote in it, she only kept songs that she sang with her mother in it.

She opened it and began searching for a song as she walked towards the woods. She'd always had the habit of sneaking off to sing, even as a child. It wasn't something she prided herself in, even though everyone told her she was a very talented singer. Once she found a good song, titled The Parting Glass, she smiled and sat against a tree, not even having to look at the book to recite the lyrics.

"Oh all the money that e'er I spent
I spent it in good company
And all the harm that e'er I've done
Alas, it was to none but me
And all I've done for want of wit
To memory now I can't recall
So fill to me the parting glass
Good night and joy be with you all." She sang, pausing, as she remembered the song did.

"Oh all the comrades that e'er I've had
Are sorry for my going away
And all the sweethearts that e'er I've had
Would wish me one more day to stay
But since it falls unto my lot
That I should rise and you should not
I'll gently rise and I'll softly call
Good night and joy be with you all
Good night and joy be with you all." She finished, the beautiful melody continuing on in her head.

"The Parting Glass?" Klaus guessed, walking up behind her.

"I had no idea you were one for Irish ballads." Blair said, looking back at him. She shut the book.

"I had no idea you sang." He said, clasping his hands behind his back.

"There's a lot you don't know about me, Niklaus." She challenged, standing up.

"Like what?" Klaus asked.

"My middle name is Aibreann. My favorite color is grey. My mother died when I was thirteen during birth of her third child, who would also die the same day. I have enjoyed singing since I was a child. I traveled all of Europe after 1922. Is that enough?" Blair listed, crossing her arms.

"For now. I need your help with something, after you take that young lady home, of course." Klaus told her.

"You tend to need my help a lot, if I didn't know any better I'd say you enjoy having me around." Blair teased as she stood up.

"Blair Nolan, as much as I hate to admit it, I enjoy having you around."

"What? I'm sorry, I didn't catch that. Say again?" Blair smile widened as she began to walk with him back towards the house.

"I've changed my mind." He said, faking a sour look on his face.

"Oh, shut it. I'm your best friend, accomplice, your... partner in crime." She laughed as they reached the house. They were quiet as they entered, trying not to wake Lexa. Blair picked her up bridal style to carry her to the car, which woke her.

"Blair? Wha- Where are we?" Lexa yawned, as Blair put her seatbelt on.

"In my car, I'm taking you home." She explained to the tired girl, starting to go in reverse.

"Oh, yeah. That makes a lot of sense." She said, stretching and putting her seat belt on. The ride wasn't very long, only about ten minutes, in which Lexa fell asleep again, only to be sad when she was awoken and at her house. She did eventually get out, but not before giving Blair a long hug and an earful about how thankful she was. With a smile, Blair drove back to Klaus' mansion.