13. ❄❆ Obsession ❆❄

Running With The Wolves - AURORA

There's blood on your lies

The scars open wide

There is nowhere for you to hide

The hunter's moon is shining

I'm running with the wolves tonight

One Year Ago

Leaning to the iron railing Aurora watched another one of Ricky's roommates pack his bag and leave. This one had real colourful words in his vocabulary then the previous ones Ricky had. This one once called Aurora a bitch, which she later realized is something he calls everyone.

"Better luck next time, Patrick." Aurora teased him from her balcony.

"Thanks and don't call me that," he said looking at the stuff his other ex roommates had left behind. Which he kept on the balcony, just like the souvenirs from the previous ones who had told him to keep the stuff until they found a new place.

"Hey, Ethan. Don't forget to take everything. I won't be keeping souvenirs this time. I'll throw it out." Ricky shouted. And his now ex-roommate, another junkie, Ethan flipped him off.

The smart renters in town didn't let a junkie like Ricky's past roomies in their property. It became a habit of Ricky to let everyone in. At least Ricky changed locks every time after much persuasion from Aurora.

"How about you simply check their arms for needle marks or maybe notice If they are sniffing like maniacs that's a tell," Aurora suggested, this one was out so early that it can only be seen as couch hopping for a week in a friend's place.

"How am I supposed to ask them to show me their arm or what If they have a cold," Ricky said like Aurora was asking him to do the impossible.

"Then just say you have zero tolerance policy for drugs, Make them sign a contract or something." Aurora tried for the last time. Ricky was a nice guy, too nice for his own good. She left shaking her head when he looked the other way.

❄❄❄

Another week went and nobody came to his place. Maybe Ricky took Aurora's advice to enjoy solitude seriously. Someone as outgoing as Ricky cannot stay alone, so It won't be far when another one of his roommates will come.

On the bright side, the balcony was piled up with junk. It was high enough for Aurora to ignore Ricky's new next-door neighbours. They were a strange couple who gave Aurora the creeps, they just wouldn't stop kissing or groping each other when she was present. If anything, they became more passionate.