15. ❄❆ Savior ❆❄

Holding Out for a Hero - Bonnie Tyler

Somewhere after midnight.... In my wildest fantasy.... Somewhere just beyond my reach.... There's someone reaching back for me.... Racing on the thunder and rising with the heat.... It's gonna take a superman to sweep me off my feet....

I need a hero.... I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night.

"I am going to check on Aurora," Phoenix said handing his water bottle to Ricky, the latter opened his mouth to protest but thought against it since Phoenix was not focusing on the practice

"I am going to check on Aurora," Phoenix said handing his water bottle to Ricky, the latter opened his mouth to protest but thought against it since Phoenix was not focusing on the practice. For the past week, they had made Aurora sit on the bleachers while they practised, she never protested and was actually excited to join them in general and to see Phoenix practice in particular. But today they had to let her go with the team, since no one else knew of the situation it was difficult to make a schedule, considering others had their own lectures to attend. When he reached their practice ground, he didn't see her around.

"Ben, where is Aurora." Alarm bells started ringing in his head as he frantically looked around.

"She went with Reese. Ohhh shit... it's been a while. She is not alone. But...Let me call her." Ben called Aurora but the call was rejected from her side.

Phoenix didn't ask anything more, he ran towards their locker room. He also tried calling her but it was declined. Phoenix ran faster panic gripping him like a vice.

When he reached their locker room it was closed from inside. "Phoenix...keys...." Ben said out of breath. Phoenix had to run back to take the keys from the ground as Ben tossed them towards him. Ben was on his knees panting, struggling to breathe. Phoenix opened the door, his ears ringing with rage and trepidation. William was on top of Aurora, his hand clasped around Aurora's towel. Seeing red, Phoenix charged at him like a bull.

He kept punching his jaw, lashing obscenities at him William flared his hand blindingly but he was no match. Phoenix held the hand he had on Aurora and twisted his finger in the opposite direction. William gurgled, and blood spluttered from his mouth. The sound of bones crushing came from his broken jaw, Phoenix smiled at William's agony.

"Phoenix..."Aurora's small voice brought him back from his animalistic rage. The dark clouds looming over him started to disperse It was then that he realised that Ricky and Ben were trying to hold him back.

Phoenix turned to see Aurora huddled back in a corner, tears running down her beautiful face but no sound of crying came out from her mouth.

"Aurora, Love. You okay." Phoenix asked as he went towards her scrambling on his knees, afraid that he was too late. Aurora nodded and hugged him, crying out loud. When her crying died down, he felt her body go lax in his arms. Phoenix pulled her back, blood stains covered Aurora's pale skin from hugging him.