17.❄❆ Proposal ❆❄

More Than Friends - Jason Mraz

I wanna tell everyone you're taken

And take your hand until the end

I'm asking you to be my baby
I'm giving you my heart, don't break it

I'm asking you to be my babyI'm giving you my heart, don't break it

Aurora ran from him in embarrassment. Embarrassed to tell him how she felt about him and to misjudge his relationship with his sister, but one thing she surprisingly did not regret was kissing him. She read about it in the romantic books she reads in secret, though she lives alone she still reads it under her blanket in her Kindle. She forgot all the theoretical lessons. But when Phoenix started kissing her back, she felt all the fireworks burst exactly the way she was promised by her favourite authors.

"Come on, girls wheels up in 20," Mrs. Abraham shouted. Aurora literally jumped 1 foot from the sudden intrusion.

"She knows we are taking a bus, right?"

"She watches too much Criminal Minds. Don't mind her."

"Aurora, I packed your stuff," Olivia told her.

"Thanks, dear." Dear...??? Olivia gave her a 100-watt smile.

"You look ..." Aurora cut off Ben.

"Oh yeah, I washed the makeup off by accident." Aurora covered her cheek. She again forgot about the bruise. Olivia's lips thinned. She touched her shoulder and left carrying both of their bags.

"Did I tell you about that one time when I was stung by a bee?" Ben asked, walking with Aurora.

"Ummm... No."

"My stung lips looked exactly like yours." Aurora blushed at that. She was sure the crimson suppressed her purplish bruise on her cheek.

On the bus, Ben and Aurora sat together. Aurora hugged him, still blushing.

"Phoenix is a nice guy, cheerie." Ben's voice wavered. He was in tears, happy for the lonely girl he had tried to pull out of her cocoon.

Aurora noticed his voice crack, but Ben's arms came around to stop her from seeing his tears. Olivia came on top of them. She put her back on Ben and her legs on Aurora's lap and hugged them, not wanting to feel left out. When Aurora's breathing evened out. Olivia slowly wiped Ben's tears without facing him.

Ben smiled, holding his two precious girls tighter. He would never let anyone hurt either of them.

The next morning Aurora went to her balcony, but for the first time since she met Phoenix, he was not there. Aurora's eyes teared up. For the last 2 years, she kept trying to push people off. Ben, Olivia, and Ricky stayed, despite her feigned arrogance. This was the first time she spoke of her feelings. She wouldn't admit it, but she also opened the door to her heart for him. Saddened, she went back to reading her novels. Maybe Ryder Van Woodsen won't disappoint her.