37.❄❆ Andersons Assemble ❆❄

Beneath the Surface - Demons of Ruby Mae

Just the same in everything you do

Did you really think they take notice?

They just have to take one look at you

And they'll soon scratch beneath the surface

Tori's head was resting on Phoenix's shoulder the whole time during the flight

Tori's head was resting on Phoenix's shoulder the whole time during the flight . She didn't drink or eat anything in anxiety , She was constantly checking her watch and bothering the flight attendant .Phoenix assumed that she was nervous to be in a flight after the nasty turbulence she has gone through not less than 24 hours ago , they could have taken Phoenix's car but Tori had already booked their ticket . At that moment, Phoenix had just wanted to escape from that place .

The moment the seatbelt signs went off , Tori jumped to her feet , dragging Phoenix with her . Thankfully they only have carry-ons, Otherwise Tori would taken a ride on the luggage belt.

" Hello Mr. Cole , Drive Tori home , I'll take a cab to the hospital ."

"No, We are both going to the hospital." Tori announced. Phoenix was not in his right mind to decipher the emotion behind her agitation. So he merely nodded .

At 5:30 a.m. They reached the hospital . Ricky's parents had gone home to rest , leaving a caretaker behind for him.

" I am going to take over from now . You can go home , Sir. " Phoenix relieved him and perched on a chair beside Ricky's bed . Ricky was asleep , Phoenix asked Tori to leave but she laid down on the comfortable couch in the corner of the private room .

Phoenix nodded absentmindedly . His eyelids felt heavy So he closed them for a few seconds . The next thing he felt was someone nudging his shoulder . Phoenix jerked awake , his eyes assessing the room trying to understand where he were .

" I don't see Michelangelo around . So I reckon you took over , That's very responsible of you I must say." Ricky taunted.

" I just .... Arrggghhh... His name is Michelangelo ." Phoenix asked vaguely.