Chapter 10

BECKHAM🌴

She hung up on me. She's scared? Of what? I honesty hope she doesn't stand me up this afternoon.

These hours are going to go by really slow. I should have asked her out for breakfast. Fuck whatever Carl has to say all she ate was a bagel. Besides he can't do shit. I'm his boss.

Whatever, I just need to focus on my work.

Five minutes later.

I'm tempted to just go downstairs and demand Tatum to talk to me. But then she might be able to figure out who I really am, and I'm not ready for that.

Besides if the other workers actually notice who I am, things could get very scandalous with me flirting with Tatum in the office. Because I know if I see her I will not be able to restrain myself from flirting.

🌺

12:45 finally rolls around. I don't usually leave the office for lunch unless it's an emergency or business. This is classified as a emergency.

I left early so Tatum wouldn't catch me leaving. In minutes I arrive to Lock & Grill. She chose a good restaurant. Well it's closer to a sports bar if anything, but still my favorite place to eat when hanging out with the guys.

"Big man in the city!" Leo exclaims the second I walk through the door. He's the very eccentric owner. "What are you doing here? On a workday nonetheless."

"Meeting my girl here. But please don't talk about my work or status when she get's here, she doesn't really know who I am." I've known Leo long enough to know that he is very proud of me and enjoys showing it.

He leans close and lowers his voice. "So you're saying this girl doesn't know you have money?" He asks.

"Basically. She thinks I'm a masseuse. It's a long story"

"Are you going to tell her?"

"I'm just trying to see where this goes before I do."

"Be careful, you might get in too deep and actually loose her," he warns.

I nod, not knowing what to say to that. He's right and that's what I'm afraid of.

"You sitting at your usual spot?"

"No. You think I could have the table in the back left corner?" I ask pointing to the dimly lit corner.

He agrees and I thank him before moving over to the table. Looking down at my clothes, I realize I'm wearing a suit. I didn't even think about changing, how will I explain this. It doesn't matter as I watch Tatum walk through the doors at exactly 1:00.

Always punctual.

I may or may not have asked for her file after figuring out she worked for me. Always on time, even get's there before Carl, but always a little later than me.

She walks straight to the bar where Leo is and he leans over to kiss her cheek. Of course she knows Leo.

I can't hear what they are saying, but I can slightly read their lips. It's a trick I learned when clients are whispering to each other in a meeting.

"Are you here for your usual?" Leo's lips read.

Tatum shakes her head. "Meeting someone."

She looks around and I quickly turn my head to something less interesting. She spots me. I know she does.

She starts walking in my direction and I shift my attention to her, standing as she approaches. When she reaches me I grab her waist and pull her against me. I cup the back of her neck and pull her into a kiss that she easily falls into, melting in my arms. Her soft lips curl against mine while she pushes up on the tips of her toes and wraps her arms around me before biting my bottom and sucking it into her mouth. I can't hide the erection I have for this girl. I'm glad I chose the back corner.