Chapter 14

TATUM🌺

I'm over relationships for a very long time.

As I walk out of Beckham's office I run straight into another worker passing by. At least he didn't have a food or drink in his hand.

"I'm sorry," I whisper, beginning to sidestep him.

He looks me up and down. "You look new. You're outfit says that you don't understand the actual amount of time we will spend working in this office. It's best if you wear comfortable clothing."

I laugh and nod, thanking him for the advice. "I just moved up from floor 5. I'm Mr. Heights' new assistant."

"I feel sorry for you. If you need anything just let me know. My wife tells me I need to be nicer to the newbies." He points to a desk, not too far from my office. "I sit right there. Available almost whenever."

"Thanks, you have no idea how I could use a friend here."

He chuckles and holds his hand out for me. "I'm George, but you can call me Geo."

"Tatum. It's nice to meet you, Geo."

I honestly didn't understand how true that statement would actually be. I'm really happy that I bumped into him.

🌺

It's been three months of me working for Mr. Heights. It's a new trick everyday of him trying to make me "listen". What the hell is there to listen to?

Geo and I have become closer along with his wife, Julie. Ruth loves them and so do I. We've spent a lot of lunches and free nights together.

It's early in the morning and I just got to the office where Geo already had a cup of coffee ready for me. Picking up his files to clear off his spot I sit on his desk and begin to organize them alphabetically. I did it once out of boredom and he absolutely loved it. Now I do it once a week while I drink my coffee and wait for Mr. Heights to give me the days work.

"Julie and Ruth have done good with today's outfit," Geo says.

After I told Julie and Ruth what has been going on between Beckham and I they made a decision to make him jealous and needy. I wasn't completely opposed. So for the past month they have been picking out my outfits. Today I'm wearing a floral dress that Ruth and Julie help pick out for me to wear today.

These guys are like siblings to me. The type of siblings that are bad influences, but manage to create fun memories and experiences.

"I agree, but this outfit is still NSFW."

"That makes it even better, honey. Did you shave?" Julie asks through the phone.

"No, hair doesn't really grow on my legs so I don't need to shave. Been that way since I was young."

"I don't believe you, hair grows on everyone's legs." She says.

"I never said that, I said 'hair doesn't really grow on my legs'. Not enough for me to shave."

"I don't believe you," she says. "Geo feel her legs."

"What?" He questions, caught off guard from the work he was doing at his computer.

"I said feel her legs. I'm giving you permission.

He laughs nervously. I roll my eyes as I grab his hand and place it on my leg.

He nods in agreement with me. "Very smooth."

"Ugh, I'm jealous now," Julie says.

I laugh and take another sip of my coffee. "So are—"

I'm interrupted by the door to Mr. Heights office slamming open. The room goes silent. His gaze lands on me then fall to Geo's hand on my leg. "My office. Now!"

"Looks like you're being called into the principal's office," Geo says.

I roll my eyes. "Unlike most people here I'm not scared of the boss." Mr. Heights still stands in his doorway watching Geo and I as I hop off his desk and set his folders down before picking up my coffee.

Geo stands up with me, picking up his phone and taking Julie with us.

"We're still on for movie night, right?" I ask as we walk towards Mr. Heights office.

"Yeah."

"Make sure you bring the cheddar stuff that you brought last time."

We stop in front of the door with Mr. Heights staring down at us.

"See you tonight?" Geo asks.

"Yeah."

He turns to Beckham before turning back to me. I hear Beckham growl low in his throat. Geo and I share a look before I go into the office and Beckham closes the door behind him, locking it.

"Sugarlips..."

"Ms. Kingston," I correct.

"What was that out there?" He asks as he sits in his seat.

"What was what?"

"You know, what!"

Of course I know what but then that would defeat the purpose of the past few months. I'm not done having my fun yet. How can you move on from someone when you see them everyday and spend almost every minute with them? And knowing how good the sex is...

"Just two friends talking," I answer truthfully.

I thought I could handle being around him, but I hate the way I feel when he touches me or even looks at me. I was falling for him, hard.

"Don't hand me that bullshit, Tatum. What's going on with you two?"

"Nothing. And if there was it would be none of your business."

He leans back casually in his seat as if I said something he's pleased with. "Employee relationships have to go through me. So yes, Sugarlips, it is my business and please don't forget I can fire him if I want."

Asshole.