Chapter 20

TATUM🌺

Everything here is so beautiful. We are so close to the ocean that you can smell it and the flowers around my neck smell so good that I don't want to take them off.

Deciding to get everything out the way, I begin to unpack my bag and put away my items. I brought bikinis, shorts, shirts, jeans, dresses, sneakers and sandals. Once my clothes are in the drawers, I place my hair products, skincare products and other essentials in the bathroom.

"The bed is big enough for the both of us," I tell Beckham when I come out and find him unpacking his things. "You stay on your side, I stay on mine."

He nods. "I was thinking about just ordering in from the restaurant downstairs. Tomorrow we have the meeting at the beach, so dress accordingly."

"I know all this, Mr. Heights. I am your assistant." I sit down on the bed and begin to take off my shoes.

"What do you want to eat?"

I tug my shirt off then begin to pull off my pants. "You choose. I'm gonna take a shower."

Heading into the bathroom, I strip the rest of my clothes and climb into the shower. The warm spray against my skin feels amazing as it drips down my body. Every time I close my eyes in the shower, I can only picture Beckham and the morning we shared in my shower. Every single time.

He's in my head and I hate it, but every part of me wants him. But I never want to feel the way I felt the day I stepped into his office.

I wash up taking my time to clean up and clear my mind before stepping out of the shower. From there I dry off and head back into the bedroom.

Beckham is now sitting on the couch in the living room with his back to me so I drop my towel. After I pick out an oversized sweatshirt and slip on my underwear, I make my way into the sitting area where Beckham resides. I sit in an armchair near the wall adjacent to him.

He scoffs and shakes his head as if what I've just done is completely ridiculous.

"You're seriously doing this? You've barely looked in my direction since what April said on the plane. She's gone, Tatum, I fired her."

Was I really ignoring him? I just don't know what to say to him. I have so much to say it feels like I have nothing to say because I don't even know where to start. So I say something I do know to say. I ask him when the food is arriving.

He lets out a breath and leans over, resting his elbows on his knees. "Soon. Can you come here? Sit next to me Tatum."

With an eye roll, I make my way over to him and do just as he says, sitting down next to him. Surprisingly he doesn't touch me. We just sit next to each other watching the show on the television.

A few minutes go by before the food arrives. Beckham ordered Huli-Huli Chicken for both of us. Again, we ate in silence before cleaning up and calling it a night.

When we got into bed I used a pillow to separate the space between Beckham and I. That only made him angry. He threw the pillow on the floor and told me that that was completely unnecessary. It might have been but it's probably the only think that will keep from rolling into his arms in the middle of the night.

I was right.

The next day I wake up in Beckham's arms. We should've kept the pillow. I start to push him off when his arms tighten around my waist. He does this every time.

"Don't leave me yet, Tatum, please."

I don't move because I really don't want to. Instead, I snuggle closer to him and slip my leg in between his. Eventually, I fall back asleep.

When I wake up Beckham isn't in bed anymore and I get the delicious scent of bacon. Sitting up, I stretch and look out the windows to the beautiful view.

Climbing out of my bed, I walk to the sitting area where I find Beckham out on the balcony with a large plate of food next to him. I step out and sit next to him.

"Good morning," he greets turning to me.

I smile in response and pick up one of the forks from beside the plate. Before I can even get my fork in the eggs he takes my hand and pulls me to my feet, leading me around the table and tugging me into his lap.

"Talk to me," he whispers running his fingers along my bare thigh.

"I'm hungry."

He takes my fork out of my hand and begins to feed me breakfast while feeding himself at the same time. I don't object.

"Is it good?"

I don't reply as I open my mouth again for some more food. He obliges slipping a sliced strawberry into my mouth.

When we finish eating neither one of us moves. We watch the ocean and listen to the sound of waves washing to shore. It's gorgeous.

Turning into Beckham, I find him already looking at me. "What time is it?"

"Almost 12." He answers, moving his fingers between my thighs.

Our meeting is at three and I have a mani pedi at 12:15 which Ruth generously told me last night. Maybe she is good for some things.

I climb off Beckham's lap and look down at him. "I have to go downstairs. You get ready while I'm gone and when I come back I'll get ready."

"Where are you going?"

Instead of answering, I place a quick kiss to his lips and walk back into the room to slip on some shorts and sandals. Grabbing my phone and key, I leave the room and head downstairs to my spa appointment. I receive everything. Body treatment, wax, facial, and pedicure. I'm pampered and it feels amazing.

There are multiple people on me at once, but it all feels amazing I choose the color white for my feet and baby blue for my hands.

After about two hours, my wonderful experience is over and now it's time for me to head back upstairs to take get ready. I thank the ladies and return to my room where I find Beckham sitting on the couch staring at a blank TV. He's lost in thought.

I walk past him to the bathroom. I brush my teeth first to ensure that my feet are dry. Then I take a shower, washing off any residue from the wax and body treatment.

When I step out the shower, I apply lotion and sunscreen then head back into the bedroom. I slip on the first swimsuit of the trip. A baby blue bikini that matches my nails. Next I slip on a loose t-shirt, as a cover up, with my sandals followed by my anklet.

Beckham and I have barely said anything to each other. Well he tried, but I still can't. Slipping on my watch and grabbing my bag, I make my way over to Beckham who still stares off into nothingness.

I stand in front of him waiting for him to notice me.

"Yes?"

I want to say something about the way I feel. I want to get off my chest just how much he hurt me and just how much I've fallen for him. I want to touch him and kiss him and just hold him. But I can't.

"We should probably get going."

He nods as he stands, bringing us chest to chest. Right now would be one of those moments where Beckham places his head on top of mine and kisses my nose. I miss those moments. I really want those moments back. I want him to love me because I love him.

He steps around me and grabs his things, heading for the door. Clearing my throat, I follow after him out the door.

What comes next?