Chapter 21

BECKHAM🌴

We haven't spoken two words to each other since this morning and it's taking a toll on me.

I saw her yesterday when she dropped her towel in the bedroom. I turned my head for a second and saw it fall to reveal her naked body. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She slipped into my arms last night and I wasn't letting her go. I'm glad I moved that stupid pillow she tried to put between us, she felt amazing in my arms again.

This morning, I couldn't help but pull her into my lap. It felt normal having her in my arms as we ate breakfast. It felt like old times. But then she stood right in front of me, we were chest to chest, her eyes were begging me to do something and I didn't.

The second we step out the hotel, there's a car already waiting for us sent by Mr. Akela. I help Tatum in before climbing in myself. We drive to Waikiki Beach, a location Mr. Akela chose. Tatum's eyes glow and it's a beautiful sight that I want to see everyday. But I will give it to Akela that this view is gorgeous, not the typical spot to meet for a meeting, but still gorgeous.

When we climb out she turns to me and looks into my eyes. She's an actual heartbreaker. The hardest thing I had to do was not kiss her.

Slowly she begins to lift up her t-shirt. "Can I go out into the water?" Her gaze shifts to the ocean. "I know this is a business trip, but you can't go to the beach without at least touching the water. Just call me when Mr. Akela and his associate arrive."

I'm in love with her and the cute way she bites her lip and sways back and forth on feet. Stepping closer, I grab her shirt and help her pull it over her head. "Go out to the water." I move her hair behind her ear.

With a soft smile, she slips off her sandals and places them on top of her bag. I'm surrounded by beautiful women but my eyes are only focused on the one in front of me. I want to kiss her and claim her to let her know she's mine. I restrain myself.

"Stay within my line of sight."

She rolls her eyes. "I'm not your child."

I watch her walk off into the crowd of people and into the ocean. She swishes through the waves, pushing past them and somehow creating a new fantasy in my head.

I continue to watch her when she begins talking to a little boy who can't be any older than 10. Tatum would be a wonderful mother, if she wanted to be. We've talked about a possible future before. How many kids? Where would we live?  She said she wanted a lot of kids and I agreed. Then she said she wanted to live wherever I was. I wonder if she still has that view.

I look at my watch and it's exactly 3 o'clock when I see Mr. Akela approaching. When they get to the table I stand and shake their hands.

"Mr. Heights, aloha. It is a pleasure to meet you," Mr. Akela says.

"Likewise."

He takes the seat across from me and Mr. Kahoni takes the one next to me leaving the last seat for Tatum.

"I was informed that your assistant would be present as well."

"She is currently enjoying the water. I will call her."

I call her phone which vibrates in her bag. She answers through her watch. "Mr. Akela and Mr. Kahoni are here."

"Ok, I will be right there."

I don't hang up when I hear her start to talk again, but not to me.

"I have to go Lucas." That must be the kid I saw her talking to.

"Why? You just got here."

"I know, but I will still be at the beach. Right over there by the bar. If you are still here in 45 minutes come find me and I will get out of my meeting early. Sound good?"