Chapter 31

BECKHAM🌴

The meeting was going smoothly, Tatum looking up at me with her big brown eyes and me teasing her by tugging on he hair or tickling her ear when I come near her. Everyone notices it, but I don't care. Our relationship isn't affecting my job, if anything it's making me more bearable to them. I've heard them talking about it. Austin was surprisingly the last person to figure it out, but he had a leg up on my other friends seeing as he's the only one that's actually seen Tatum.

We are halfway through the meeting when Tatum's face contorts and she jumps out of her seat. I try to catch her but she quickly slips out of my grip and leaves the meeting room. I watch her through the glass wall of the meeting room. She runs into her office and George stands seconds after, glancing at me for a silent confirmation. I give him a curt nod and watch as he runs over to Tatum's office.

My mind is scattered as I try to get back into the meeting, but everything fades away when I see Ruth heading into Tatum's office. Forget it, there is no way I will be able to focus on anything around me.

"Meeting dismissed until further notice," I bark, walking out of the room to Tatum's office.

Bursting through the door I find Tatum sitting on the floor with a trash can by her side and a glass of water in her hand. She doesn't look too well.

"Tatum, what's wrong?" I ask as I bend down next to her.

She turns away from me, avoiding my gaze. "I'm fine. I just don't feel good right now."

I soften my tone and cup her face in my hands. "Tell me what's wrong.

Tears come to her eyes, and my heart breaks. "I'm sorry. I threw up and I should've told you last night, and there is a slim possibility that my period is late by two weeks."

She could be pregnant?

Her tears fall faster and she apologizes again. "I forgot to take my pills in Hawaii...and after that."

Slowly, I help her to her feet and pull her into and embrace, resting my head in the nook of her neck. "We need to get a test. We can go to my doctor and I'll have and OB/GYN ready for us when we arrive."

I can see the fear in her eyes as she looks up at me. I'm freaking out, but we can't both be frozen and speechless. She's the one possibly carrying my baby so I will let her be frozen and speechless for right now.

"We're going to go to the doctor, okay?"

She nods and I grab her bag as I lead her out of the office. Tatum is quiet the whole car ride and I try my best to reassure her by holding her hand or rubbing her thigh, but neither action gives me a response. She's in her head, but I need her to be here in the car with me so I can know what she's feeling right now. It's scaring me. Will she not want my kids?

"I know it's scary," I start, glancing towards her. "But whatever we find out, just know I love you. Baby or no baby."

Slowly she laces her fingers through mine and lays her head back as I drive down the streets until we arrive to my doctors. I park and quickly come around to Tatum's side to open the door, offering my hand to help her out.

She moves on autopilot, taking my hand and climbing out, letting me guide her into the building where Dr. Ross guides us into a room where a woman waits.

"Mr. Heights, this is my wife, Hannah Ross," he introduces. "Tatum, you are in good hands."

Dr. Ross walks out leaving us with his wife who turns a bright smile in Tatum's direction. "I can tell you are nervous. We can take a pregnancy test, but if I get more information on the estimate of how far along you are I may just be able to confirm with an ultrasound."