Chapter 35

BECKHAM🌴

Birth Day

I fidget in my seat as I think about my babies. Tatum is nine months pregnant meaning any moment she will pop. Meaning any moment, our babies will come into this world and everything is going to change. I'm going to be a father.

Just as I begin to focus back on my work a knock comes to my door and my temporary assistant enters. "Mr. Heights you wife has gone into labor."

Time pauses and all I can hear or feel is my heartbeat in my throat. I've imagined this moment thousands of times and now it's here. My heart skips a beat as everything works in overdrive. With my body on autopilot, I grab my emergency bag and my coat then leave my office.

"Please make an announcement that everyone can go home early," I ask of her as she follows me to the elevator.

"Of course. Congratulations, sir."

"Thank you," I reply.

Time moves fast and slow, my mind completely warped as I drive to the hospital Tatum has planned to give birth at. Although she's been on house rest all month, I don't believe any part of her rested. Every time I came home I found my wife doing something different.

She ordered a bunch of stuff online, stocked up the nursery and a bunch of gender neutral baby clothes because we still haven't found out the sex of our babies. But I don't care what gender the babies are, because they are mine and I love them.

Tatum has baby proofed almost everything, even the thinks that make no sense, like kitchen counter corners. But I never argued with her because her emotions have recently gone haywire. She's had a few breakdowns of parental anxiety, but we got through them every time. I know we will be able to get through taking care of our kids as long as we have each other.

Walking into the hospital I head straight for the front desk and ask for Tatum Heights. I love my last name on hers. The lady in front of me tells me where my wife is and I immediately run there only to stop short when I see Tatum's family, Ruth, Geo and Julie all waiting. Then I see Anthony and Carlos waiting.

How did they get here before me?

It's not important, I really need to get to my wife. Walking through the double doors, I immediately find Tatum walking down the hall with a nurse to support her. She's so gorgeous.

"Tatum!" I call out to get her attention.

When she looks up at me her eyes light up and she quickly picks up the pace of her waddle and rushes into my arms. Or at least attempts, only to be blocked by her huge belly. I turn her in my arms and hug her from behind, placing a soft kiss to her lips.

"I'm not dilated enough so I have to walk around," she says breathlessly. "And these babies love to play," she groans as a contraction hits her,

I wrap my arms around her waist and help her walk. "We're gonna have babies," I choke out, guiding her down the hall.

"Yes, if my cervix just manages to dilate. I'm so tired."

I kiss her forehead and continue to help her walk around. "You got this, Sugarlips. I'll be right here the whole time."

So many long hours later...

After waiting and checking and pushing, Tatum finally gives birth to two beautiful baby boys. They are so small and their tiny little hands are so cute. Tears roll from my eyes and I make no attempt to stop them. These are my baby boys.

Everyone is in the room now staring at the babies in me and Tatum's arms. She's so beautiful and strong and amazing and I love her so much that words can't even describe the way I feel about her.

"What are the names?" My mother-in-law asks.

Tatum looks up and smiles at me. We already decided on a names a depending on the gender. Two girls, two boys, a boy and girl. Obviously the two boys are the names we are going with. "We decided on Adrian and Liam."

"Like Liam Hemsworth?" Ruth asks.

Tatum chuckles and so do I. "No. Liam as in my late father." I kiss Tatum's head. "My parents died when I was young, but I know they would love Tatum and these beautiful babies."

"And Adrian has Hudson as his middle name. It was Beckham's grandfather's name." She runs her finger over Adrian's tiny nose and kisses Liam's head. "We wanted to keep a piece of them alive."

If they were girls they would've been named after my mother and grandmother.

"I hope you guys are prepared for the next few months."

"Beckham already said he is going to work from home and I know that we also have you guys around to help if we need it, right?"

Everyone breaks out in words of agreement, and I laugh as I look at my tired wife. Her sweaty forehead and tired eyes and plump lips. She's so sexy, how am I going to go 4 to six weeks without wanting to practice making another baby?

"I love you," she says softly.

"I love you too." It would be impossible not to love her back.