Five

Jinyoung is finally coming home from the hospital after three days of being stuck there making sure he's okay and that Jihun is healthy and okay to leave the hospital.

The problem is, Jackson can't pick him up, YoungJae and Jaebum are still in Florida, and Jooheon is out with his girlfriend. So his last resort is his neighbor who left without saying goodbye at the hospital. Yay.

Yugyeom picks up on the first ring. "Jinyoung? Is everything alright?" Jinyoung was caught off guard at the gravelly sleep-laced voice Yugyeom answered with. It was really hot.

Ignoring the flame in his chest, he adjusted his hold on Jihun. "Hey gyeommie can you come pick me up? Everyone else is busy." Shuffling was heard as well as a few thumps and low cursing.

"Oh yeah uh of course! I'll be there in like twenty okay?" Jinyoung hummed before disconnecting the call and moving to sit in the lobby. Jinyoung slowly lowered himself, wincing at his abdominal pain before moving Jihun to the middle of his chest, his small head tucked under Jinyoung's chin, his hospital bag by his feet.

The new father closed his eyes and let sleep take over, only to startle awake by a familiar smell and touch followed by a hesitant voice. "Jinyoung? Hey I'm here. Let's get you home," Jinyoung blinked sleepily up at Yugyeom before a drowsy smile graced his lips.

"Thanks again Yugs," Jinyoung muttered as he slowly stood up while Yugyeom grabbed his bag off the floor. Yugyeom looped an arm around Jinyoung's waist time stabilize him and the older was grateful for the action.

They slowly made their way to Yugyeoms car, getting a few coos from older ladies and moms in the waiting room. Once Yugyeom helped Jinyoung in and made sure Jihun was stable as well, he got in and drove them home.

The car ride was silent, and Yugyeom thought it was because of his awkward atmosphere but nope, when he looked over, Jinyoung and Jihun were passed out just like when he saw them in the lobby.

Quickly focusing back to driving, he couldn't shake the small content smile on his lips until he parked the car in his driveway.

He got out and walked over to Jinyoung's side, opening the door and shaking Jinyoung's shoulder lightly. "Jinyoung were home, come on sweet one," he had no idea where this slight confident contentment came from but Jinyoung drowsily nodded and let Yugyeom help him out of the car and up to his front door.

"Uh, do you need help with anything else?" Yugyeom quietly asked, unconsciously moving to play with Jihun's tiny hand that was exposed from his blanket.

Jinyoung smiled at the movement, and something inside him clicked but he wasn't sure what. All he knew was that he liked Yugyeoms presence and didn't feel very protective of Jihun like he did when Jackson and Mark held and interacted with him.

Weird.

"I was going to try and get some sleep by myself without Jihun but I'm not sure if he'll be okay without me," he voiced his concern, lightly tightening his grip on his son.

Yugyeom cleared his throat and opened Jinyoung's front door with the keys the older gave him. "Well I could watch him while you nap? I don't have classes today."

Jinyoung raised an eyebrow as he shifted Jihun to rest his head on his shoulder. "You take online classes? That's cool. But seriously you're willing to do that?" Yugyeom nodded with a small smile as Jinyoung lead them upstairs.

Jihun was fine when Jinyoung slowly laid him down in his crib, the only thing in there was the small mattress. The crying didn't start until Jinyoung left the room and retired into his own bedroom to nap.

Yugyeom panicked when the baby let out the high pitches war cry, but his instincts took over and he simply moved to the crib and picked up the small baby. 

Jihun immediately calmed down, light hiccups were all that was left as Yugyeom rested Jihuns head on his right shoulder, arm tucked under his butt and hand splayed across his back.

The adult moved to sit in the rocking chair and began to slowly rock back and forth, watching as Jihun blinked sleepily before squiggling closer until his face was squished against Yugyeoms neck.

When the male tried to move him back all he got was a short cry before the baby repeated his actions and then tried to wrap his little arms around Yugyeoms neck. It didn't work but the baby didn't seem to mind as he fell asleep, little huffs coming from his mouth.

Yugyeom kept rocking them for a good twenty minutes before getting up and gently placing Jihun on his back in the crib. The baby stirred, whined, and rolled onto his stomach before letting out a content huff and falling back into dreamland.

Yugyeom breathed a silent sigh of relief and was about to sit back down on the chair when his phone buzzed loudly. With eyes as wide as saucers, Yugyeom quickly got out of the baby room and closed the door. He then clicked the answer button and pressed the device to his ear as he went down the stairs.

"Hey Yugyeom! Jaebum and I just got back and we're almost to your house, are you home?" YoungJae asked, the familiar sound of traffic resonating in the background.

Yugyeom scratches the back of his neck as he stood in the middle of Jinyoung's kitchen. "Well, I'm at my neighbors house watching his baby while he sleeps."

YoungJae laughed. "What a coincidence! Our friend Jinyoung just had his baby and we tried to call him for his address but he's not picking up so we thought we'd stop by your place first,"

Yugyeoms eyes widened again as he choked on air. "You know Jinyoung?"

You could hear the surprise in YoungJaes voice. "Don't tell me your neighbor is Jinyoungie?"

.
.
.
Y'all this book has been out for like 2 days and it has fucking 120+ comments the fuck. You guys make me so happy with all your comments (yes I read every single one) but don't force yourself to vote, comment, or even read my content but I do love every interaction!

Also cute squishy baby moments UwU.
.
.
.
Reuploaded