Nineteen

Yugyeom laid on his bed, staring at the wall in self-loathing. It had been a month since he saw Jinyoung.

A month since he left his house.

A month since he felt happy.

After changing back, he regretted his decision so incredibly deeply. The alpha had planned to apologize to Jinyoung when the omega got home but was instead greeted by an angry Jaebum who took him to a forest before lashing out.

Yugyeom took all the berating comments, growls and even a punch or two his leader threw at him before the older alpha made him walk home.

He couldn't face Jinyoung after that. After known how miserable the older was. So he thought staying away was the best idea, staying out of sight until he was out of mind.

Not realizing the omega yearned for the shy alpha to hesitantly knock on his door. To talk to him, fix whatever they had broken, and cleared the air.

But Yugyeom was blind to the yearning, locking himself in his room, phone shut off for the last two weeks, only getting up to eat and half-ass his college classes before moving back to lay down on his bed and stare at the wall, hating himself. 

Jinyoung wasn't much better, only moving around due to his son, who noticed the change in his father's behavior as well as the absence of the alpha.

Jihun got quieter, so had Jinyoung. It was like they were empty vessels, both missing the same familiar warmth of Yugyeom.

Jinyoung had company though, forcing himself to move during the day, but lie awake at night staring at the wall separating his home from Yugyeoms.

He hadn't seen or heard the younger leave his house, and it scared him. Jinyoung had asked BamBam to check up on his best friend, but the young boy came back with nothing, he hadn't even been let in.

As the weeks passed, Jinyoung's yearn for Yugyeoms warmth grew, and his fear tripled. So finally pulling himself together, the omega checked in on his son before leaving his home and walking to the door.

Yugyeom was forced to get up when the knocking persisted for over five minutes. He passed a mirror in the hall and grimaced.

His hair was greasy and laying flat, looking like he had been caught in the rain. There were dark circles under his eyes and his complexion had gone pale and dull.

Quickly spraying cologne on when he got to his bathroom, he winced at every sharp knock that never seemed to cease.

Finally exiting the bathroom and reaching his door, the alpha took a deep breath before unlocking the handle and opening the door.

He all but choked on the familiar smell and the dark eyes that bore into his own. Jinyoung still looked amazing, but something was different.

Neither party was presentable, Jinyoung in sweats and a bead head, Yugyeom greasy and baring thrown on clothes off his floor.

Bug that didn't matter to either as Jinyoung hesitantly reached a hand out, and delicately cupped the side of Yugyeoms face.

The alpha's lip wobbled as he let tears flow. "I'm so sorry, I am so unbelievably sorry, I'm sorry Jinyoung I'm so sorry," the omega cupped the other side of the alpha's face and wiped his tears while holding back his own.

He didn't expect the apology so quickly, or to feel the sincerity in Yugyeoms words as the tall male caved into himself, apologizing over and over meaning every word.

"Shhhh, shhh," the small hushed, before bringing Yugyeoms head down so their foreheads were touching. "It's okay. It's okay. I'm okay."

Yugyeom shook his head and bit his bottom lip. "No, it's not okay. I left you. I was a coward and I can never explain to you how much I regret it. I wanted to come to you I did, but I thought you'd be better off without me. With forgetting me, and what better way to do so then act as if I don't exist?" Yugyeom was whispering, feeling as if talking was too loud in this close proximity, as if talking would take away the meaning of his words.

Jinyoung cupped his face and pulled away to look into the tallers dull eyes. "Yes, you are a coward. But that doesn't mean my feelings change. Yes, you hurt me, very deeply. But it hurts more for you to hide yourself away, distance yourself.  You've become a part of my routine, I can't just let you slip away."

"But you should. I honestly regret everything, had I not been so stupid none of this would have happened, you wouldn't be hurt. You-" Yugyeoms ramble was cut short, his eyes that were cast on the floor forced to meet Jinyoung's again when Jinyoung grabbed his shirt collar and pulled on it.

"Do you really regret that night? Because I don't. Not one bit. You reminded me what it's liked to be loved Yugyeom. Don't you ever say you regret something so beautiful! You gave me something I will cherish forever." Jinyoung's hardened voice turned soft, an underlying tone showing through.

"I regret showing you affection only to rip it away from you. That is what I regret. I gave you pain when all you deserve is to loved and cherished for the rest of your life." Jinyoung smiled lightly, before shaking his head and letting out a small, nervous laugh.

"Yugyeom, you gave me one of the best gifts I've ever received," Yugyeom cocked his head to the side in confusion, lost as to how his actions helped the one he loved.

"Yugyeom, I'm pregnant."

.
.
.
WELL SHIT I DIDNT THINK I COULD DRAW THAT OUT TO A NORMAL CHAPTER YET HERE WE ARE.

so uhh, surprise? If it wasn't obvious? But uhh ye. I planned on writing a shouting scene but I pitied them both by the time Yugyeom got to his door I just let my softness flow haha.

And wow look at me, updating what, 2?3? Days after the last chapter.

Hopefully I can stop neglecting this book and actually finish it soon.

Anyway my coworker is getting tested for Covid and I'm scared he's gonna come back positive meaning I'll have to get tested- meaning I have to shove a giant q-tip up my nose and give myself a panic attack so... let's hope it's negative :)

So uhh... hope you enjoyed :)