Chapter 10 | First Night

Gail and Hercs strut proudly away from the cheering crowd, sheets of rice raining down upon our covered heads. The old carriage mum let us borrow creaks and cringes with each lump In the road, but James tight grasp around my waist keeps me from falling off the edge.

The cheers of our guests fade away into the blackening night, and the twinkle of the stars spread out over the vast sky. Bright white light from a crooked-circle moon pours over the countryside, illuminating everything with a silver glow.

"You look radiant in the moonlight, love," James whispers, drawing me closer to his body.

"And you look dashing," I quietly reply as I wrap my arms around his torso, letting out a soft sigh that wafts away in the thin night air.

His right hand grasps my waist, his left holding steadily the reigns to Gail and Hercs. A faint tweak of flickering light in the distant catches my eye, and my curiosity wins.

"James," I ask in a whisper, pointing to the flicker, "What's that light?"

He chuckles, "That...is where we will be spending the night."

I freeze nervously. The thought of actually sleeping with James is ravishing and esthetic, yet frightening and I suddenly feel belittled. But I mustn't let him figure out my nervousness. This is natural. This is what couples do on their wedding night.

"Are you alright, Katherine?" he asks, all-to knowingly, tightening his grip on my waist.

I sigh, smiling up at him. "I will be."

"Are you nervous, love?"

"...A little."

The small flicker from the cottage soon becomes a normal candle-sized light, lighting the doorway with a faint glow from the window. James loosely tugs on the reigns, and Gail and Hercs slowly come to a halt directly in front of the quant house. Pulling up the skirts of my dress, I carefully climb out of the small carriage, grabbing a suit case from under the seat.

"Darling," James sighs as he comes around the carriage, trying his best to restrain a smile, "You should've waited for me to help you out."

"I'm sorry, James," I chuckle, "But you can take the luggage, if you want."

"Gladly." He accepts the two cases from my grasp and sticks his elbow out to me. I wrap my hand through his arm, and we walk up to our new home. Releasing myself from his arm, I go to open the door, but am quickly stopped by James' urgent calls.

"No, no, no! This one we're doing," he laughs, shoving open the door with his barely free hand, and throwing the luggage carelessly into the cottage.

"Into my arms, love. This is our first home," he smirks humorously.

"I wouldn't have it any other way," I laugh and throw myself into his open arms.
Taking me bridal-style, he carries me proudly through the front door. Silver light glows in through the glass windows, revealing the lovely setup of the house.

"It's lovely, James," I gasp, "How did you find such a beautifully furnished cottage?"

"You might have to ask my mum that one," he chuckles, "But she did a wonderful job."

Carefully, as if I were a fragile China doll, he sets me back on the ground, grasping my hand with his. His sparkling eyes meet mine as we smile lovingly at each other, but it quickly and almost uncontrollably becomes lustful.

He softly grasps my waist and pulls me close, almost body to body, and his warm, mint scented breath immediately warms my face. Gingerly, his fingers toy with the buttons along my back, and I shiver when he begins to unfasten them one by one.
Once he reaches the last button, he runs the tips of his fingers over my spine.

My back arches forward reflexively, and he dryly chuckles as he begins to undo the perfect bow over my bottom. The brisk air nips at my back, but his caressing touch overpowers the chill in the air. His hand moves up along the edge of the fabric, edging the sleeves off my shoulders.

Sighing as shivers run through my body, I no longer feel frightened, but perplexed by the urge in my lower stomach. I take James' hands and guide them over my shoulders and along my waist, helping him remove the heavy gown from my body.

"Feeling a bit more confident, darling?" he chuckles, his voice sensually raspy.

"Just a bit impatient, love," I groan quietly as his fingers brush over my bare skin.

"Lead on," he solemnly commands.

A/N

I know! I know! You can kill me if you want, because that's a terrible ending, right? Well, it was never my intention to add any smut into this story, just because I'm going along the lines of romantic and sweet, nothing very sexual. I do apologize if I ruined your day for not continuing the scene, though.

Anyways, if you liked it, please vote, if you didn't like it...don't vote! It's very simple. Also, I am completely open to (kind) criticism, advice, and/or compliments! Just please let me know how I am doing. Thanks guys! I love you always.

- 〽️iddleAsgard, at your service.