1 | wedding kiss

"You may now kiss the bride."

Kei took a deep breath, still pulling a futile attempt to hide his excitement and uneasiness with you wearing a gorgeous white wedding dress right in front of him. He noticed his palms getting misty from his nervousness and the fact that he was minding such minor detail was an indication itself of how nerve-wrecking it was for him.

The people watching, his friends, your family, the cameras, the other guests, it all piled up to him, unexpectedly making him speechless and frozen.

"Kei," you called his name with a soft sincere smile, pulling him back to reality.

He lifted his arm and hand to slowly pull back the veil you were wearing and even you noticed how shaky his hand was. You couldn't help but smile at him, it was rare for Kei to feel that way and it was even rarer for him to explicitly show such feeling. And the thing is, you've been together for 5 years already.

As soon as there was no longer a veil barricading a kiss, he crouched down for a bit, to make up for your height difference despite the efforts of your high heels. He cupped your cheek and as you leaned closer to his face, you closed your eyes and heard the loud and annoying ring of your alarm clock. It was going to be a happy ending, expect that weddings don't have alarm clocks, nor does it involve complaints from the groom himself.

"Wake up, sleepy head. You're going to be late," the man of your dreams woke you up with a slightly irritated look on his face.

"You tell me to wake you up then sleep every time I do so. Are you a little girl?" he shook his head, whining and clicking his tongue sarcastically.

"Your girl... friend," you mumbled an answer, half-awake.

"You're going to be late for your part-time shift, Y/N-chan!"

"Wait, no, the kiss!" you exclaimed as soon as you realized Kei himself disrupted the dream you had of him.

"Kiss?" he asked and raised a brow, wondering what you were talking about first thing in the morning.

"You want a morning kiss?" he asked in an obviously mischievous voice, "You're not getting one unless you get up."

"No, silly. I want a wedding kiss!" you complained and sat up in the bed, facing him, trying to fight your lingering sleepiness.

"Y-You want to get m-married?" he stuttered in a surprised tone.

"I want the wedding kiss!" you repeated and whined again, still resisting your urge to close your eyes and sleep again.

And that was the moment Kei had a realization. Maybe it is time to settle down and get married, and all that was left to do was figure exactly how.

"Anyways, thanks for coming over. You don't have classes today, right?" you changed the topic, now trying to revert back to your usual calm self.

"Did you make breakfast too? Wow, my man is so reliable," you commented and stood up, looking at the dining table filled with food.

"Hey, don't just sit there, let's eat," you invited him while you stretched, your tummy getting exposed for a bit.

"Ah, maybe I need a diet," you mumbled and yawned.

"Hey, you okay?" you noticed Kei being unusually quiet and approached him as he sat in the bed, stuck deeply on his own thoughts.

You crouched and cupped his cheeks with your hands to see how he'd react.

"Ah, he's not being shy when I do this to his cheeks now, huh. This is supposed to work every time," you thought.

You lifted his head and quickly planted a kiss on his forehead. Just as you leaned away and pulled back your hand, you were surprised at how red he actually was.

"Y/N-chan," he calmly called your name, despite his flustered look.

"D-do you w-want to get m...," he spoke and stuttered, almost making his words impossible to understand.

"Meh...? Huh?"

"Married!" he completed his last word loud and crystal clear.

"Ah, married," you repeated his words and nodded your head, pretending to understand.

"Wait, now?!" you exclaimed as you made a realization.