24 | cinnamon rolls

"Oh, why is this in the laundry basket?" Kei asked and lifted the jacket, "I haven't even used this yet," he looked at you while you walked to the bathroom with clothes for Hiro.

"T-that's nothing!" you panicked, Kei's hand was near the pockets and he was just a milimeter away from finding it out.

"Huh?" he mouthed as you gave Hiro the clothes.

"Thank you!" he cheerfully said and closed the door.

"Why are you so concerned with the laundry?" you asked him and frowned.

"I do the laundry too, duh," he answered, reminding you of how you fairly divided the house chores.

"Just give me that," you snatched the jacket away from him, the box making a faint sound inside.

"Is there a box there?" Kei lifted a brow, he was way too observant. There was a small rectangular bump on the pocket.

"No!" you frowned again and sighed, "Just leave the laundry for this week to me," you told him.

"Uh," he tilted his head, "Fine."

"Y/N-san, can I have some shampoo?" Hiro asked, his voice muffled by the walls.

"Of course, you can get the blue one, that's Kei's," you raised your voice.

"Now he's using my shampoo," Kei shook his head and went to the kitchen.

"I made cinnamon rolls," you told him as he crouched at the fridge.

"Oh, really?" Kei turned around and closed it.

"Yeah, I'll heat it on the oven toaster," you volunteered.

"Thanks," Kei finally smiled.

You walked over to the kitchen to get the cinnamon rolls you baked earlier. Meanwhile, Kei went to your room to change to his night clothes.

Minutes later, the smell of the cinnamon rolls filled the kitchen and Hiro finally finished taking a bath.

"Did you make cinnamon rolls, Y/N-san?" you heard Hiro's voice as he stepped out of the bathroom.

"Yup," you turned around and placed the pan on the dining table.

"Would you like some?" you asked him and removed your dinosaur mittens.

"Y-yes, please!" he instantly answered, still radiating so much energy even after a tiring day.

"Alright, you should wait in the living room, Kei's watching volleyball on the TV again. Probably," you instructed.

"Okay!" he nodded and did as you told him.

You returned the sugar on the cupboards and grabbed the plates and tray.

"Who do you think will win, Coach?" you heard the two talk.

"I don't really care," Kei answered in his usual monotone.

"Eh, then which team do you like more?" Hiro asked again.

"Cinnamon rolls, anyone?" you entered the living room and placed the tray on the coffee table.

"Thank you!" Hiro exclaimed.

"Those are supposed to be for me though," Kei said with a smirk just before Hiro had his hands on one.

"But Y/N-san said-"

"Hiro-kun, don't be shy," you told him and nudged the tray closer.

"Okay!"

You sat on the couch, picking that spot next to Kei.

"By the way, Hiro-kun, what do you plan to do after high school? You're a third year now, right?" you asked and looked at the boy savoring the rolls you made.

"Em goin' pro," he answered with his mouth full.

"Really? Pro volleyball?" it got Kei's interest.

"Yup! I'm a regular in Karasuno now, remember, Coach?" he proudly confirmed.

"I was a regular too."

"W-well, I got scouted!" Hiro revealed.

"Really? Congrats, Hiro-kun," you told him.

Half an hour passed when the game on the TV finally finished. Kei was unfazed by the results, as usual, but Hiro was visibly happy for the team he rooted for. You loved seeing their interactions.

"Ah, I gotta go now," Hiro informed you and looked at his phone bashfully.

"Your parents calling you?" Kei asked.

"Y-yes."

"Ah, I see," you turned off the TV and stood up, "Then take care on your way home."

You walked to the door and Hiro hurried to grab all his belongings. "How unorganized," you thought, "If Kei was his dad, he'd definitely be scolded."

"Geez, why are you so messy?" Kei clicked his tongue.

"What are you?! His dad?!" you thought.

"Heh, sorry, Coach," Hiro apologized and bowed, "I'll return the clothes after I wash them, I promise!"

"Also, ah, thank you," Hiro added.

Kei lazily waved his hand at the boy in response and you opened the door for him.

"Take care," you said.

"Thank you, Y/N-san," Hiro smiled before going out.

"I was hoping he'd join us for dinner," you stood at the door, watching Hiro leave from a distance.

"Well, it's going to be late soon," Kei justified and stretched on the couch.

"You're right," you mumbled and closed the door.

Not long after, you heard the faint sound of a phone ringing and recognized that it was Kei's ringtone.

"Where's your phone?" you asked him and took a seat on the couch.

"Ah, I left it on our room," he sighed and reluctantly got up, "This better be important."

"It might be for work."

You turned on the TV again, now wanting to watch the news and relax. However, contrary to this, moments later, you heard Kei's unusually loud voice call your name.

"Y/N!" he exclaimed, shocking you. The phone was still ringing but it abruptly stopped.

"Y-yeah?" you rushed to the room. The tests were safe and sound in the jacket, right?

Right. But apparently, you missed one tiny detail, the receipt you overlooked when you returned your wallet on the desk.

"A-am I?" Kei stuttered, another unusual thing for him. He raised the receipt, presenting it to you with shaky hands.

"Y-you what?" you asked.

"Did you t-take a test?" he kept asking.

You nodded at him, this surprise was completely unplanned but it was better off this way.

"Am I going to be," he paused, even his voice was starting to get shaky, "a dad?"

There was no point hiding it anymore, he knew you took a pregancy test and lying was obviously not an option.

"Yes, Kei!" you answered him with a bright smile, your eyes almost getting teary.

"Me? A d-dad?" Kei was still in the middle of processing everything but the smile on his face said it all.

"I'm going to be a dad," he muttered and placed his free hand near his mouth, trying to conceal his face filled with surprise, excitement and joy.

"Yes, Kei. You're going to be a da-," you repeated but he didn't let you finish. He quickly embraced you, burying his face on your neck.

"Finally," he mumbled, "Our first child."