23 | sunshine

You already had this nice routine. You shared the same sleeping schedule, since you went to work at the same time as well. Everything was just on sync.

He'd usually be the first to wake up and sometimes even prepare breakfast for you. On days where you wake up first, you'd often make breakfast in bed for him.

Afterwards, you'd go on your separate ways to work and at the end of the long tiring day, you always looked forward to seeing him at home. It was usually you who'd go home later.

This simple routine that others may regard as boring, was the center of your daily lives. You were satisfied with it, not asking for more. Time flew quickly and before you knew it, a year and a half has passed already.

Tsukishima Residence

You woke up from your afternoon nap with the warm colors of the trees greeting you as you opened your eyes. The soft breeze was blowing the curtains, producing a strangely calming sound.

You looked at your side, the other half of the bed empty and missing. Kei wasn't home yet though you expected that, it was only 5:48PM.

You stretched on the bed, now weirdly feeling nauseous for some reason. You moved from the bed and hurried to the bathroom, the nausea gradually getting worse.

You supported your posture with your hands grasping on the bathroom sink, thinking you're about to throw up. Slowly realizing something, you looked at yourself in the mirror, "I missed my period, didn't I?"

Lifting your hands from the sink, you gasped and panicked, "Could I be?" you asked yourself.

You exited the bathroom despite the awful feeling bugging you and put on your jacket, preparing to go to the nearest convenience store. You grabbed your wallet from your desk and headed out.

"Kei? A dad? How would he react to this?" you worried as you walked on the sidewalk.

"Welcome!" the clerk greeted you with a smile.

"Hey, um, where are your pregnancy tests?" you asked in a soft voice when you reached the counter.

"W-we have some here, Ma'am," she answered and turned around to show the different brands.

"I'll get two of this," you pointed randomly, the brand doesn't matter.

"Okay," she nodded and proceeded. She scanned the items and you brought out your wallet to pay. You couldn't wait to see your results.

"Thank you, come again!" she said as you left.

"Is Kei home? It's not time yet, right?" you thought to yourself, you needed time to mentally process everything going on on your own.

"He's going to be happy right?" you reassured yourself as you finally reached your apartment.

You quickly unlocked the door and with your shaky hands, you read the instructions on the box. "Uhuh, two lines for... Uhuh," you nodded and went to the bathroom.

Minutes after, you sat on the floor outside the bathroom, anxiously waiting for the results. You didn't know how to exactly feel about this. Surely, you wanted to have kids with Kei, but it had always felt like a long distant dream.

You looked at the pregnancy test and braced yourself for the results.

"Whatever the results are, I'll accept it," you whispered to yourself.

You removed your finger blocking the reading and took a deep breath.

Two lines.

"P-positive?" you exclaimed, a bright smile unknowingly forming.

"K-Kei," you muttered his name. He was the first person to pop up in your mind.

You covered your mouth as it opened in awe. You didn't even notice how happy the results made you, despite your worries earlier.

"I'm home," you heard Kei's voice and the sound of the door opening.

"W-welcome home," you responded and panicked, hiding the results and the unused box on the pockets of your jacket.

"Why is he home so early!" you thought and removed the jacket, stuffing it on the laundry basket.

"Please excuse me," you heard another voice, it was Hiro's!

"Why is he here?!" you thought. Surprises came one after another.

You tried to calmly walk towards them and you were right, Hiro was there and he definitely grew taller, almost as tall as your dear husband.

"Good evening, Y/N-san," he greeted you and bowed.

"Why are you two soaking?" you exclaimed and looked at the window, you didn't notice it even rained.

"Coach saw me running in the rain because I didn't have an umbrella with me. Coach saved me there," Hiro explained, he apparently still calls Kei his coach.

"I didn't really save you, you asked me to share the umbrella," he looked at Hiro.

"You should change your clothes, you'll get sick, Hiro-kun," you worried for the boy.

"Then," he spoke, "C-can I please use your shower?" Hiro asked with a pleading look, it was impossible to say no to this child.

"Sure," you nodded.

"You're not using my clothes," Kei smirked. Back at his salty tsun side.

"Would you rather have him wear mine?" you asked Kei with a provoking smile.

"Y/N-san's clothes?"

"Forget it," Kei sighed again, "Go use mine," he frowned.

"T-thank you!" Hiro exclaimed and he had his usual ball of sunshine energy. He somehow reminded you of Hinata.

"I'll get you some clothes," you told him and walked to your room.

"O-okay!"

"He's not our kid," Kei mumbled, shaking his head as he stared at you with a now tender look on his eyes.