19 | coach

The Tsukishima Household

"Kei," you mumbled his name as you opened your eyes. The view of the blue curtains partially blocking all your light greeted you first thing in the morning.

"Honey," you called him again and looked at your side. He was hugging you from behind and still asleep.

You tapped his hand as his arm was wrapped around you, trying to wake him up.

"Still asleep, huh," you thought while you slowly and carefully moved yourself away from the bed.

"I'll make breakfast then," you planned and stretched.

You walked to the fridge, deciding on what to make. You looked back at him, he was still sleeping so soundly.

You spent about half an hour making breakfast, and another 15 minutes for an afternoon snack you placed on the freezer for later. Before you knew it, the scent of scrambled eggs and fried chicken filled the kitchen again and you placed the utensils on the table. You placed the newly cooked food on the table too and covered them.

You sat on the sofa on the living room and decided to watch TV, though you had to keep it down or else he might wake up with a frown. You grabbed the remote and momentarily paused at the sight of your wedding picture. It was the two of you before the kiss.

"Y/N?" your train of thoughts were disrupted by the sudden call of Kei's voice.

"Huh?" you heard him again and took a few steps to check on him.

"Good morning," you greeted him and approached. He was squinting, probably trying to clear his vision.

"Ah, Y/N, good morning," he responded in relief, "Thought you left or something," he shook his head.

"Me? Leaving?" you repeated and sat on the bed, "You worried I'd leave or something?"

"For work," he clicked his tongue, obviously in denial.

"Cute," you ruffled his hair, "I made breakfast, by the way. You hungry?"

"Sort of," he answered.

"Then let's eat," you told him and smiled, "Before the food gets cold."

"Alright, alright," he nodded and yawned.

You ate breakfast together and he had his usual delighted look on his face as he ate. Meanwhile, you listened to the news on TV, though there was nothing interesting in particular, apart from that one segment.

"Hey, you want to try going there?" you asked and pointed at the TV.

Kei turned his head to take a look, it was about a popular tourist spot.

"An amusement park?" he asked, "You want to go there?"

"Why not? I'd like to see your annoyed face on the bumper carts again or something," you chuckled, "It'll be fun, don't you think?"

"But you can't drag me out of the roller coaster line just because you feel scared last minute," he teased you back.

"Whatever," you shook your head.

"Then how about let's go to another concert again? Just like before?" he suggested.

"Ah, I'd love to!" you exclaimed, immediately changing moods, "I'll check what bands are gonna perform soon online."

"Sure," he nodded, now minding his food.

"By the way, aren't you gonna go to Karasuno one of these days? It's been a while since you last helped them train," you changed the topic.

"Maybe I'll go later, I heard Hinata's back," he answered.

"Shoyo-kun's back?" you gasped in awe. Being the ball of sunshine he was, it wasn't difficult to get close to him after your first year.

"Why are you so happy he's back?" he clicked his tongue.

"Wow, this is bad," you laughed, "My husband's starting to get jealous."

"You're so cute," you laughed again as the two of you stood up and placed your dishes on the washer.

"Anyway, you should be nicer to him. It's been 2 years or something, you know, since you last met him," you advised him nicely this time.

"I have always been nice," he sarcastically answered.

"Now you sound like Kuroo-san," you commented, to which he sighed.

"So, are you going to Karasuno later?" you asked again as he wiped the table.

"Yeah, do you want to watch?" Kei was no longer annoyed.

"Sure!" you answered quickly, not even pausing to give it a thought, "I'll make cookies for everyone."

"Really?" he got surprised. He washed the cloth and you finished washing the dishes.

"Why not? Those kids are really nice."

Before Kei could say a word, you heard a knock on the door.

"Huh?" Kei mouthed, not expecting anyone today. You hoped it wasn't anyone annoying, Rin was back in the Philippines, right?

"I'll go get it," you told him and dried your hands.

You walked to the door and peeked at the peep hole, it was a timid-looking teenage boy you haven't seen before.

"Yes?" you opened the door partially and raised a brow.

"I-Is Tsukishima-san h-here?" he asked you.

"I'm Tsukishima," you answered him a little proudly.

"A-ah!" he got flustered, "you must be his wife," he muttered.

"I meant-" he continued but Kei approached the door, standing behind you.

"Tsukishima Kei," he continued the boy's sentence.

"M-master!"

"Master?" you gave Kei a strange look as you tried to stop yourself from bursting out from laughter.

"I told you to stop calling me Master. It's weird!" Kei scolded as he tried to close the door on the poor boy, you stopped him, of course.

"I'm sorry, ma-" he paused, "I'm sorry Tsukishima-san."

"I'm Tsukishima, too," you muttered, still not over your last name.

"Y-you're his wife, r-right?" the boy stuttered.

"Yes, I'm Tsukishima Y/N."

"I'm Murakawa Hiro, middle blocker of Karasuno Boy's Volleyball," he bowed his head.

"Tsukishima-san, please coach me!" he added.