9 | my fiance

You got back at your seat and noticed everyone's empty plates, they were all done eating.

"Mom? Your mom?" Kei exclaimed, panicked. Since your mom was living overseas, he never had the chance to meet her and the last time you saw her was a few years ago too, when you visited.

"Yeah, my mom's back in Japan," you clarified.

"I didn't know she was coming, she's a really impulsive person," you added.

"Is it your first time meeting Y/N-san's mom?" Yamaguchi curiously asked.

"Yep, his first time. Her last trip to Japan was 7 or 8 years ago," you told him, "She's a dual citizen."

"Now now, don't panic, it'll be fine," Daichi reassured Kei, his leadership qualities were always reliable, especially now that he was a cop

"I'm not panicking!" Kei denied.

"I mean, you're engaged now," Sugawara added.

"I think that's why he's nervou-" Yachi guessed.

"Who said I'm nervous?"

"He proposed and her mom doesn't know," Yachi continued.

"Anyways, my mom's going to love you," you reassured him as you held Kei's hand resting on his lap. It was just like what he did for you before when you met his entire family.

"She's not the type to judge, she's very accepting, if that's a word," you added.

"Unlike someone I know," you thought, now remembering his mother.

"Ah yes, that's a word," Sugawara confirmed.

"Bill please," Kei muttered and raised his hand, finally trying to calm down.

"Also, she's in the airport, she wants me to pick her up. She says she's just going to eat while she waits," you informed him.

"You should have told me that earlier."

"Heh, sorry. It's not like you're going with me," you apologized, "Wait, are you?"

"You can't avoid her, you know," Asahi advised, "Not that I have a girlfriend though."

"Then I'll go," Kei impulsively decided.

"Are you sure?" you asked him, giving him a chance to back out in case he wasn't ready.

"Yes."

"Then goodluck," Daichi said with a smile.

"We better be invited in the wedding," Sugawara told you.

"Well, that depen-"

"Of course, you are!" you nudged Kei again.

"Maybe I might consider even having that simpleto-" Kei added, referring to Hinata Shoyo.

"And Shoyo-kun too!" you interrupted again, "though I haven't seem him ever since," you muttered.

You heard your phone ring again, it was probably your mom.

"Ah, excuse me, sorry," you apologized and picked up your phone while Kei paid for the meal.

"Hello?"

"Are you on your way, sweetie?" it was definitely your mom.

"Y-yes, we're on our way!" you answered.

"You're with someone? Is that the boy your Auntie told me about?"

"W-what boy, mom?"

"She told me you're in a relationship or something," she sighed, "I was even thinking of an arrangement with my friend's so-"