7 | moon light

"Wear your best clothes," you repeated Kei's words in your head, unsure why he said that in the first place. You didn't want to assume anything, it will just be dinner after all.

You looked at yourself in the mirror, straightening your clothes and even making a subtle pose. After tucking your favorite top in your belted palazzo pants, you hung your bag on your shoulder, now ready to go meet him.

Karasuno High School wasn't too far from your apartment, though it did require a longer walk compared to when you go to your university. You observed the familiar sceneries and it did take you back to your high school days when things were a little simpler. Back then, you never had to worry about your relationship being pestered by other girls since Kei was too blunt to others anyway.

You looked at the music store that you and Kei used to go to and smiled upon seeing the road that led to the concert arena he took you to before. You remembered those memories so clearly and so vividly, and hummed a tune.

As you reached your old high school, you reminisced at the things that were left unchanged. You entered the school grounds and looked around until you reached the gymnasium, not noticing how dark it really is.

"I thought there was supposed to be training today or something," you thought, not hearing a single sound.

You forcibly pushed the gym door open and to your surprise, it was dark and empty.

"Kei?" you called out his name, "Anyone?"

Thud!

You heard a loud sound coming from the back and you quickly turned around.

"What was that?" you asked yourself.

Then, it took you by surprise as you watched fairy lights turn on one by one.

"K-Kei?" you blurted his name loudly. You were unsure if seeing those lights turn on without seeing anyone else was relieving or creepy.

"Y/N," you heard his voice call you out from your right. It was a comforting sound amidst the darkness. Naturally, you averted your gaze to where it was coming from.

"Kei!" you called him again while he approached you. You marveled at the man right in front of you as the moon light glistened over him and his charms. So, this is it, right? The moment you've been waiting for? 

"Honestly, even until now, I can't really figure out exactly what to say," he mumbled and sighed, but instead of his typical frown, he let out a soft precious smile.

"Y/N," he called your name and looked at you.

"Y-yes, K-Kei?" you responded.

"You see, with the way things are with us, I'm sure that I'm already contented," he started.

"It started with your pastries, and it astonishes me to think where those took us."

"Yep, still in Karasuno, but we've changed. A lot. We've grown as individuals together," you thought and smiled.

"I'm already happy, I really am... But thinking about how life would be if I have you as my... wife, it feels...  quite... ecstatic."

Without even hearing what else he had to say, you felt your tears already piling up, almost ready to fall unstoppably. You tried hard not to blink because you knew too well it'd be the beginning of a massive waterfall.

"Y/N," he spoke again as he got down on one knee.

It was a futile attempt not to cry because at that very moment, your tears already reached your cheeks, then slid unto your chin.

"Will you marry me?" Kei, the love of your life, proposed, now presenting a beautiful ring in front of you.

Without a doubt, without a trace of hesitation, you answered your beloved.

"Yes, Kei. Yes!" you answered him with a shaky voice.

Before you could wipe your tears with your hand, he gently held your left, and placed the ring on your ring finger. You sobbed as he stood up and hugged you. It was uncommon, well, actually, it was rare, for Kei to initiate a hug ever since and this worsened your crying. It made you cry more.

You tiptoed, because even though he was crouching for a hug, you still had to do so to reach his broad. There, you softly sobbed and put your arms around him, returning the embrace.

"I love you, Kei," you confessed in between sobs.

"I love you too," he responded, tightening his embrace.