12 | the date

A soft sounding "Good morning" from the love of your life was the first thing you've heard the moment your eyes slowly opened, welcomed by the sunlight filtered by the curtains.

"K-kei?" you blurted out his name, without even needing to see his face clearly to recognize the raspy voice.

Before you could rub your eyes in hopes of clearing your vision, you saw the figure in beside you get closer as he planted a kiss on your forehead.

"Good morning, Kei," you muttered, still sleepy.

You squinted your eyes and tried to look at him better. And by the time you did see him well, his exposed shoulders surprised you. He's naked. Wait, still naked.

"You seem quite surprised, did you forget last night?" he chuckled, now back in his sarcastic tone.

"Last night," you muttered as a you recalled your memories, your embarassingly loud moans, your call of his name and the sight of him doing those things you never thought you'd do together.

You mouthed a small gasp and later on, put on a bashful look on your face.

"Your embarrassed face still looks cute," he commented and chuckled, teasing you.

"I love you, I'm glad it was you," he continued and smiled, now switching back to his dere side right after a teasing remark.

"I love you too, Kei," you responded back, now hiding a portion of your face under the sheets. And that was the only time you realized, you yourself were naked too.

You felt him get even closer, now embracing you with his arm. With his chin resting on top of your head, you were basically facing his chest.

Your heart was throbbing faster than usual again thanks to Kei. You came closer, now burying your head on him. You noticed his comforting scent again and you closed your eyes, admiring every fiber of his being.

He slowly and gently patted your back as you two laid down, not saying a word. As intimate as you two were just hours ago, this was a different kind of intimacy.

After patting your back, his hand wandered somewhere else. This time, it was your messy hair he played with. He softly stroked the strands of your hair, partially putting some effort in detangling.

"You know, Y/N, the rings we have are actually customized," he revealed, still caressing your hair.

"Your name and mine," he continued, "it's engraved there, I hope you like it."

"The ring is perfect, Kei," you reassured, "It also fit perfectly."

"And, you have a ring too?" you asked, realizing that just now.

"I didn't know when to put it on, or something," he chuckled.

"Ah, but you can't wear it during your games, can you?" you raised a concern.

"Yeah, I can't, sor-"

"No, no, it just popped up, no need to apologize."

"Y/N," he called your name.

"Have you thought of having kids before?"

You lifted your head, leaning back to look at him properly.

"I want kids," you admitted proudly.

"I want lots of them," you teased.

"Lots of them?" he was surprised, "L-lots?" he was definitely taking it seriously.

"I'm messing with you, silly," you giggled at his reaction.

"Maybe two kids, t-three?" you answered him seriously, "And you?"

"T-two kids would be n-nice," he answered back.

"They're going to be volleyball stars," you guessed and smiled.

"I'm not going to force them to play," he denied, "they should do what they want."

"That's why I think you're gonna be a great dad," you smiled once more.

"J-just because of that?"

"You're rational and you make smart decisions. And you're hardworking as well, you set goals and work your way to-"

"Now you're just buttering me up," he interrupted you, now getting flustered with all the praise he was getting.

"Ah, and you may not show it, but you're affectionate," you ignored him, "You're very sweet and caring."

"Yeah, but only to you!" he admitted, now you're the one who's flustered.

"Now you're just buttering me up!" you said the same thing.

"It's true, though!" he said on his defense.

"Tsun mixed with dere now?!" you thought.

"Y/N," he called you again.

"Yeah?"

"Let's get married," he spoke, now in a serious manner.

"Now?" you asked, it reminded you of his first proposal attempt, "I mean, yeah, we're engaged now."

"After graduation, I want to make you my wife," he gave great emphasis on the last word.

"You could have just said get married!" you thought as his choice of words.

"Then the date's set!" you agreed and exclaimed.

"Set?" he repeated you.

"Our graduation is in 6 weeks," you explained.

"Let's get married, Tsukishima Kei!"