20 | kid

"Coach you?" Kei mumbled, repeating the boy's words.

"I'd like to be a middle blocker," the boy continued, "Height's the only good thing I have."

He was quite tall, though not as towering as Kei when he was a first year.

"Please coach me," the boy spoke again and bowed.

"You should," he looked back at Kei and smiled, signaling him to say yes.

Kei let out a sigh and a soft, almost inaudible groan, "Fine," he agreed,  "you're taking me precious day off," he mumbled.

"T-thank you C-coach!" he raised his head and smiled enthusiastically, radiating happiness and excitement.

"Stop calling me weird names," Kei scolded the boy again.

"So, where are you guys training?" you asked him and opened the door fully.

"Captain delayed our practice to afternoon, so no one's using the volleyball court," he answered, "He wanted us to rest for a bit."

"Come in," you welcomed him and went towards the kitchen.

"And you're still training?" Kei clarified.

"Yes, I'm not a regular yet, but I'd like to be," Hiro answered.

"Ah, would you two like some pudding?" you asked and looked at the fridge.

"He's not your kid," Kei complained.

"N-no, thank you," the boy shook his head. Nevertheless, you got one for yourself.

Kei clicked his tongue, "I haven't even taken a bath yet."

"Here, have a seat while you wait for your coach Kei," you pointed at the living room as you grabbed a spoon for yourself.

He did as he was told and nervously sat on the couch, looking around the house and the picture frames. He stared at the largest picture in the room, which was your wedding photo.

Meanwhile, Kei went to the wardrobe, getting some clothes before taking a bath.

"Oh, Sawamura-san is there," Hiro noticed in one of the photos. It was your picture with his batch of Karasuno Volleyball Team in the wedding.

"You recognize some of them?" you asked and sat hear him.

"Ah, yes! Sawamura-san visits Karasuno sometimes," he answered.

"Kei, too, right? He plays in practice matches?" you asked, switching the channel on TV.

"Yes, Tsukishima-san always manages to block our ace. As expected from someone who blocked the Ushiwaka."

"Oh, you know him too?"

"Yes, he's a pro!"

"Ah speaking of Ushiwaka," you stopped changing channels.

"Oh!" he exclaimed, "That's him," he pointed.

You leaned back on the sofa and watched the volleyball game on the TV with Hiro.

A few minutes after, Kei finally showed up as he rubbed the towel on his hair.

"I'm ready to go out now," he said in monotone, not even putting up an effort to fake enthusiasm for his trainee.

"Tsukishima-san! L-let's go!" he quickly stood up.

"Oh, leaving already?" you faked a frown, and stood up as well.

You turned off the TV and went to the kitchen drawers, looking for something.

"Here," you spoke and approached Kei, "Brownies."

"Oh, thanks," Kei smiled genuinely as you handed the box, "You two should share," you told him.

"Eh?" his mood quickly changed.

"I'll make you more when you get home," you reassured him and kissed him on the cheek, "Goodluck, Coach."

"What do you plan to do while I'm gone?" he asked, "also, don't call me that."

"I dunno, you want me to come with you or something?"

"You'll get bored."

"Ah, you know what? I'll come too," you said as your face lit up in excitement.

"Wait, I'll just change," you told them before you hurried to the wardrobe, then to the bathroom to change.

"Your wife's coming, Coach?" you overheard the boy.

"You heard her," Kei answered.

"I'm ready!" you exclaimed and showed Kei your outfit. Just a sweater and shirt tucked in your knee-length skirt.

It didn't take long for you to get to Karasuno and you explored the area near the gym, the place where Kei proposed.

"Hey, let's get inside. Hiro has the key," Kei called you.

"Ah, wait," you hurried to him.

"So, how long have you been playing volleyball?" Kei asked as Hiro set up the net.

"Since middle school, but I'm still no good," Hiro answered.

"At least I'm not coaching a newbie," Kei sighed in relief.

You took a seat on the side of the court.

"Would you like me to set or something?" you volunteered, half jokingly.

"Well, that'd be helpful if I'm teaching him how to block," Kei answered.

"Actually, Tsukishima-san, I wanted to work on my serves too," he bashfully added.

"Eh?" Tsukishima didn't try concealing his disbelief that he also had to help him on serving.

"Then you called the wrong guy, you should've talked to Yamaguchi."

"Just go teach him," you insisted and watched the two.

"Fine."

"T-thank you."

"Alright," he sighed, "Try to serve."

"O-okay!" Hiro exclaimed and grabbed a ball.

"U-underhand?" Kei was surprised with the boy's form.

"I-is that bad?!"

"Can't you spike?" Kei asked.

"I'm bad at it," he admitted.

"Just try it, that's the point of this thing," Kei scolded, but he had a point.

"Okay."

He did as he was told and you noticed someone opening the gym door.

"I thought they're training on the afternoon," you mumbled.

"Oh! Tsukishima-san!" you heard, they werr definitely referring to Kei, not you.

"Ah great, more kids," Kei muttered as he saw two kids walk in the gym.

"I did it!" Hiro exclaimed and looked at Kei, eager to hear a praise or compliment.

"Oh, senpai?" he noticed the two newcomers.

"Oh, Hiro, what are you doing here?" the brunette asked.

"I'm practicing my serve," he shyly admitted.

"Can we join? Can we, Tsukishima-san?" the other nagged.

"Hey, who's that pretty lady over there?" the brunette nudged the other, referring to you.

"Ah, she's Tsukishima Y/N," Kei answered. He was facing them so you couldn't see clearly see what expression he was making.

"I-is she your sister, Tsukishima-san?" they asked, "Does she study here?"

"Uh oh," Hiro mumbled, looking at you.

"She's my wife," Kei had a smile on his face, it was scary.