28 | sweetener (end)

Fujiwara Hospital

How many hours has it been? 6? 7? No, maybe even 8? You couldn't tell anymore, everything was too tiring and of course, painful.

"Y/N," was all you could hear by now, your body was too tired to mind anything else other than Kei and your children.

You looked up and raised your head, looking at the doctor and nurses surrounding you.

"They're not... crying?" you looked at the two precious lives held on the hands on the doctor.

"No," you mumbled, and panic rushed through your head. Your children.

"Keitaro, Keiji," you mumbled their names, pleading they'd make a sound.

Kei held your hand, he thought of the same thing. His grip finally loosened as you heard two loud cries, your plea has been granted.

You sighed in relief and looked at the two baby boys, "I want to hold them," you told them with your weakening voice and extended your arms.

"Keiji," you named them already, "Keitaro."

You looked at Kei and smiled, "Our twins, Kei."

Fujiwara Hospital - an hour later

"Y/N-chan!" you heard Yachi's voice as she barged in the room, disturbing you from your rest.

"Shhh," Kei, who sat right next to your bed, scolded her.

"Oh, sorry," she apologized and lowered her voice.

"Tsukki," you also heard Yamaguchi enter the room.

"Oh, the twins," he noticed Kei holding the two.

"Keiji and Keitaro," Kei introduced.

"Kei, Kei, and Kei," Yachi teased.

"Those are really nice names, Tsukki," Yamaguchi complimented.

"Y/N-chan's okay, right?" you heard Yachi's footsteps get louder.

"Yes, she's just resting," he answered, "So lower your voices or I'll kick you out of here," he scolded again.

"Sorry, Tsukki," Yamaguchi apologized. It was almost a catchphrase by now.

"They're really cute," Yachi commented.

"Of course, it's in the genes," Kei flaunted.

2 Days Later

Your recovery in the hospital was peaceful, with some people coming to visit every now and then. Kei handled everything for you and called his employers for a leave.

"Keiji and Keitaro are both healthy right?" you confirmed.

"Yes, that's what the doctors told us."

"Y/N-chan!" your 'peace' was disturbed by the sudden call. You already knew who it was.

"Where are the babies!" your brother, Rin, arrived. It didn't even seem like a question.

"Dear, are you okay?" your mother walked in too, "Everything went well?" she worried.

"Good afternoon, Mother," Kei greeted her, "And oh, Rin-san."