Ending: Part 2

"This is a ridiculous seating plan

"This is a ridiculous seating plan."

Nathan turned to his disgruntled friend, Vren Parkinson next to him whose gaze longingly dragged over to the women's table. "It's fine."

"It's not." His cousin, Spencer, gulps down his wine.

Christian raises his glasses. "Hear hear."

Nathan glances around the sea of guests huddled on their own designated table. His eyes wandered over to Chassie two tables away. Starlet had been too eager to take charge on the seating arrangement for their parents' wedding anniversary. But it doesn't mean he agreed to look longingly toward Chassie the entire evening.

Their table had been Christian, Vren and his cousins Spencer, Reese, Colin and Walsh. They weren't great conversationalists, but he wasn't one to complain. He liked his cousins that way.

"This is fine if you don't want to get laid tonight." Colin sighed.

Reese drummed his fingers on the table. "I agree with you."

Nathan feels a jab on his elbow.

"Nathan won't agree to that." Vren wags his brows at him.

A smile crept up to his face, his eyes finding their rightful place. "No, I actually have other plans tonight."

Chassie meets his gaze, smiling with the most beautiful smile he's ever seen. Her hair was curled into soft waves around her slim shoulders, her makeup emphasizing her eyes more and her lips he'd like to kiss senseless.

He watched her put on her makeup earlier tonight. He also watched in great torment as she put on a dress he so badly wanted to take back off again. It was a dress with the right cut, right slit, right fit – hell, he's crazy about her.

Chassie then turns to Ethan on his grandparents' table. Both of their parents and siblings had been taking turns spoiling him rotten. He didn't mind though. It meant he had a lot more time with Chassie.

A server approaches her table with Kathie, Julie Montgomery, Andrei, France, Summer and Starlet. They all plucked red from the tray. Chassie refuses with a subtle shake of her head.

Nathan waited until a slow song came on – an excuse for couples to stand at least less than a foot next to each other without getting the stink eye from Starlet.

He stood up and walked toward their table, ignoring the crowing noises the guys made behind his back. He weaved through some guests making their way to the dance floor. And bumped with one of the servers. Annnnddd, unfortunately, knocked out a half empty glass on the tray, sloshing wine to his suit jacket.

Chassie who had sensed him coming over, stood up quickly from her chair and made her way to him. The server was jabbering away profuse apologies when she was finally in earshot.