Eclipse Part 3

As soon as I went home I found my mom sipping a coffee while reading a book she looks calm and relax making me feeling bad disturbing her movement but I really want to tell her what happened at the coffee shop ."mom I'm home"
"oh ! Honey I didn't see you there ,how's meeting earlier did it went well"
" that's what I want to talk with you mom , I tried my best to be polite to him considering he is your client but mom he was so rude to me and not only that he even go overboard by saying that I AM suppose to marry him and mom he e-"
"Yoojinah"
"let's calm down okay there is something I want to tell you but let's wait until your father get back from work okay"
"what is it mom why can't you just tell me now"
"please let's wait for your father now go and take a wash you must be tired"
"but mom he-"
" Yoojin do as I told you"
"Fine" I just left without another word but I can't help but wonder what makes my mom to snap at me like that . She rarely get annoyed and she is calm and collected most of the time .
By the time I came downstairs my father is already home and both of them have seated for dinner .
"hey dad you are early today"
"Ah yeah Yoojinah dad came early today let's have dinner now come"
Through the dinner I noticed that I'm the only one actually enjoying it and my parents keep glancing at each other and when we all finished dinner my father talk to me
"I heard from your mother that you met Mr. Lim's son jaebum . So what do you think about him"
"do I even have to say dad didn't mom said you already he was rude to me and you know what the most funny thing dad he-"
"yoojinah I know it already but dear what he said about your marriage isn't wrong . I know this must be shocked to hear but you have to understand that your parents wouldn't do anything wrong to you" my father keep talking about the matter but I was too shocked to pay any attention to him. I keep thinking about the incident with jaebum guy .
"yoojin are you listening dear" my father's voice snap me back from my own thoughts
"well I- I can't , I don't want to get married" both of them look at me with their shocked expression. Well what did they except isn't it obvious
"Yoojinah did you even listened to me , like I said jaebum isn't a bad guy as he seem . True he looks intimate and stern but trust me dear he will take a good care of you listen to Dad and don't refuse this please"
Why is he pleading to me . Never in my life I have seen my father pleading and been so desperate
" why dad I have you guys to take care of me or did you get tired of your own daughter is that why you want to give me to anyone if that I can take care of myself very well and don't need to get married for that thank you" I was fuming with anger and I can't even understand why my own parents been like this to me
"Yoojin don't talk to your father like that" my mom scold me but hey what am I suppose to do I have to defend myself too.
"well I don't want to sound like a ungrateful child but please understand me too I am on my final years of university and all I want to do is finished it and be a doctor as I desired and didn't you promised me that you will help me no matter what so why do you want me to get married so early "
I was half crying when I finished talking to them so do my mom I can clearly see that they are upset too. There would be no end to this so I quietly excuse and get up to leave .
"yoojinah wait" my mom tried but I heard my father said her to let me be
I spend most of the night thinking about whole day and eventually fell asleep with troubled mind

Written by @naveeranasinghe