Eclipse part 26

WARNING : MENTION OF DEATH
Don't read if you are sensitive with these topics )(I'm not familiar with the medical field so please bear with my story if you find something unmatched )

Opening my eyes I shift slightly to my side only to feel another presence   of course jaebum but why he still sleeping . Opening my eyes I grab my phone to check the time. My eyes widen at seeing so many missed calls from hyujin . Why would she call me. Rubbing my eyes I get up while calling her . It went straight to the voice mail and I make my way to the bathroom putting my phone away.
When I walk out of the dresser all ready to go to the hospital jaebum is already up . We made a eye contact and I can see that he is surprised to see me dressed earlier than usual . I thought he would ask something or greet since he is been moody since yesterday but no he look ahead of me and walk past me to the bathroom ignoring my presence . Letting out a sigh I message Yugyeom so he would know that we are leaving early than usual . I tried to contact hyujin again butt it went to the voice mail again .
I went to the hospital with out waiting for jaebum to come out cause what ever reason hyujin called me it’s mist be important . Making my way to the staff room I didn’t see her as I expect . Did she went to Dr  park’s . On my way to Dr.park’s I met yongjae one of the male assistant working under Dr. Park and I greet him with a smile.
Oh yoojin you are here ” he said and I raise my eyebrow
yes I just came were you looking for me”
“ah well hyujin asked me to tell you this actually one of the patient in pediatric ward sent to the surgery unit early morning .” he said and I suddenly find it hard to breath . Is it eunie yes it’s must be her. Shaking my thoughts I quickly make my way to the surgery unit. The doors were locked and it shows Dr.park’s name since he is in charge of the operation . I look at my side and felt my heart sank seeing eunie’s mother crying in the corner with her head buried in her hands . I want nothing but to go inside and see the little one cause god know what’s happening in the inside and not to mention how bad her condition can be.
After a while the door open and hyujin came out following another male assistant and she is dressed in scrub. I quickly went to her but she shake her head and walk away with the other assistant . I went to eunie’s mom and give her shoulder a little pat . She is all alone and her husband is no where to be seen . But come to think about it I haven’t seen eunie’s dad nor I heard about him from her. My heart felt heavy thinking about her. I can only hope that she will be okay after this.
............................................................
After nearly 6 hours they successfully end the surgery and I let out a big sigh wiping my eyes when I see Dr.park walking out of that room with some of the doctors they were discussing something and he looked worn out but still manage to give a small smile to eunie’s mom who is thanking non stop while crying. He is truly an angel .
Yoojin” I turn my head to see hyujin stand beside me. I immediately pull her to a hug
How is she”
“Well what should I say her condition isn’t good yoojin you know it right it’s only the matter of time . She is still unconscious let’s hope for the better “ she said pulling me to side and I nod my head unable to trust my voice.
can I see her”
“mmmm her mom is there with her now so let her be alone with eunie now you can go later now help me with my muscles” she said massaging her arm . I look at the closed door and follow her with out a word.
I spent the whole day in the hospital even though It’s way past the time I usually leave . I decided to call jaebum to inform that I would be late but his phone is switched off . ‘He must be busy’ I thought and decided to leave a text to yugyeom so he wouldn’t wait for me .
My heart sank seeing eunie’s little body hooked to wires . Walking up to her I sat on the chair and take her small hand to mine.
I hope you will wake up soon little one unnie is waiting to see your smile again” I softly said placing a kiss on back of her hand.
Eunie’s mom come back from cafeteria and I left the room letting her stay with eunie . I feel so sorry for her mom. Being a single parent at a such a young age and seeing her only child suffer  
Are you going to spend the night here yoojin go home” one of the nurses said to me. I gave her a small smile telling her I would be okay.
I can’t left before she open her eyes again so I decided to help the others a little to pass time .
I try to reach jaebum couple of time but to my dismay his phone is still switched off . He would be worried if he didn’t see me when he went home since I always come home before him.
It’s already been few hours from the surgery but still no progress with eunie . Well even dr.park said they still can’t say anything and should wait till she open her eyes . I went there to see her mother fast sleep in a uncomfortable position . Taking a extra blanket I wrap it around her and take a seat on the couch.I look at how eunie’s little body rise and fall in a rhythm . I rub my eyes I also feel exhausted even though I didn’t do much of work . Just when my eyes about to shut my phone vibrate on my hand . I check it to see jaebum’s name on screen so i quietly left the room and went to the corridor .
Hello” I greet him tiredly
Yoojin” came his voice . “Yugyeom told me you will be late but it’s too late now aren’t you coming did something happened. “ he bombard with question .
do you remember about the little girl I told you before. The one with a heart problem “
I asked
yes” he said
Well her condition got worse this morning and they perform a surgery and.... it went well but she still hasn’t open her eyes yet . So they can’t really expect everything to be well yet” I told him tiredly.
“I see ... yoojin”
“mmm” I hummed leaning against the wall
are you okay” he asked voice laced with concern . I smile a little i thought he is mad at me. But am I really okay . Ever since I came here eunie become part of my routine . I spent most of the time with her when I’m not busy and not to say she is such a nice little kid and become so close to me even though it’s only been few months . So I’m definitely not okay seeing her suffering alone.
“I -I don’t know ..I missed her already ..” I said trying so hard to not to cry.
Do you want me to come”
“No no I will be okay .. I’m sorry “ i said feeling bad about making him worry
it’s okay you call me if you need anything I will be there” he said
I was about to thank him but when I saw some nurses and dr.park running toward eunie’s room hurriedly my mind went blank. I run toward them ending the call even tho I heard jaebum’s voice calling for me
what’s happened “ I ask one of them but they were so busy and they led eunie’s mom out of the room before closing it with them. She is crying so hardly kneeling beside the door and I can’t even ask her what happen .
Yoojin” I heard hyujin’s voice yelled at me before dragging me to one of the benches .
what happened what happened” I asked her half crying.
her heart stopped working , nurse jung was on her way to check on her when she heard her mother’s yell” she said tear slipping from her eyes.
I should have been there with her.
Oh my god” painful sob escaped my mouth.
I should have been with her....I-I shouldn’t have left Eunie ..eunie she” I cried choking on my own words.
Yoojin hey ..hey look at me” hyujin said firmly holding my shoulders making me look at her face but I kept on blaming my self. If only I stay there with her to notice the change
You know very well It’s not your fault okay it’s no ones her heart is failing her since the beginning we all knew that don’t blame yourself”
I look at her with tears streaming on my face.
Dr.park came out of the room with a heavy face and eunie’s mother ran toward him desperately .
I’m sorry we couldn’t save her” he said and I watched Eunie’s mother collapsed to the floor with a painful sob. Standing up from the bench I made my way toward the room . I heard hyujin telling me to stop but I ignored her and kept walking. There she is . Her little body is removed from wires and her body didn’t rise and fall like it used to be . Not even a little and I can’t help but let out more tears seeing her little face . They covered her body with a white sheet and I left the room unable to look at her. I made my way to the roof top . My legs felt numb and I crashed to the floor with a loud sob. I cried in cold hugging my knees to my chest. Yes I knew her condition is worse from the start but still . Why it’s had to be her. She is so young and didn’t even get to spend her life. She didn’t even get to spend time with her mom. I remember how she complain her mom never visit her like the others because she is busy with works . I broke my promise. I promised her that she will be okay and she will get to leave this like the others but now she...
I don’t know how much time I spent there all alone and crying until I heard someone’s voice pulled me out of my trance
Yoojin” I look up hearing familiar voice .
“J-Jaebum

***************************************
Written by@ naveeranasinghe

Thank you for waiting . I took longer than usual and I post this as soon as I wrote this so there will be some mistakes I will check them later 😣