Eclipse part 13

I walk out of the house and look up at the night sky . I should be sleeping but I couldn't fall asleep even though I had a long day. I was staring at the sky aimlessly when a shift behind me bring me back o the world almost giving me a heart attack. I turn around to see jaebum behind me .

" didn't mean to startled you"

"It's okay"

"it's cold let's go inside" he said turning around

"you go first I will come later" jaebum look back at me for a while and then turn around and go back inside.

Tch! I thought he would stay .

I turn around and fix my eyes on the night sky again . I was so into my thoughts and didn't notice when he came behind me and wrap a blanket on my shoulder .

"at least wear something warm if you gonna wonder at night" he said with a little glare and fixing it .

I look down suddenly feeling warm at his gesture well he surprised me a lot today.

"thank you"

We stood there awkwardly until he broke the silence

"come with me" he said while pulling me with him to the back of the house . My eyes widen to the sight in front of me . They have a lake behind the house and i didn't even notice . There are lamps to illuminate the way and reflection of shining moon light up the dark lake. I stood there amazed by the view .

"is this the same lake we passed before"

"mm... yeah .. I saw you looking at it with your mouth hung down" he said with a chuckle and I turn to him with a glare

"then why didn't you stop the car"

" because you can see the same thing from here too" he said rolling his eyes and focusing on the sight .

We fell in to a comfortable silence gradually .

"thank you for today " he said looking at me . I look at him confused .

"I mean it... haven't had a fun in a while...glad you are here with me." He said giving me a small smile . I look down hiding foolish grin slowly creeping to my face .

............................................................................

I went to downstairs for breakfast . When I woke up Jaebum was no where to be seen .maybe he is already having his breakfast . But to my surprise he is not there too.

"Aunty have you seen jaebum "

"Mr.Lim went out early in the morning mrs. He said he will be back later"

I gave her a small smile while wondering where he could possible be in this town

I make my self busy exploring the house until I get my hands on jaebum's childhood album. His whole childhood is in there and he is with his grandmother most of them. There is only one picture with his parents . I wonder what a kind of relationship they have with each other. But I could say that he is lot closer to his grandmother than he is with his own mother . My eyes caught a picture of jaebum's 12th birthday party . There is a date written under the picture . I look at it until I realize something . It's today . His birthday . Today is his birthday .

............................................................................

"mrs here I brought the groceries "

"oh thank you aunty you can leave them here"

"mrs you sure you don't need any help" she ask with a hint of worry in her tone

".. ah.. yeah I'm fine ... If I need any help I will definitely ask" I said while mixing butter and sugar in to a bowl . Yep I decided to bake a cake for him . Simple white cake would be fine and if My plan backfired I can always buy a one from the market so no worries . I would have greeted him earlier but no one cares to inform me about his birthday and after yesterday incident I start to see a different side of him. Maybe he isn't as bad as I thought him to be. His little actions make me realize that he cares for me . Maybe he was serious when he said that this marriage is real for him. Giggling to myself I focus more on my task before i ruin it .

With help of aunt I manage to decorate cake with small icing flowers on top of it. I look at it again feeling quite satisfied with my work . Now I have to wait till he come back.

Written by @naveeranasinghe
( short update)