Eclipse part 21

Looking at the smiling faces of kids my gaze fell to the one beside me. I got permission to take Eunie to the small garden in the hospital . Sad pout is evidence in her adorable face.

"Eunie what's the matter you don't like it in here"

"I want to run around like them " she said still looking at the kids. I stroke her head smiling down at her.

"You will soon " I said . She cannot do much activity because of the heart monitor attached to her chest. They only let her out of the ward .

"You always say that" she said giving me her sad eyes.

"why you don't you believe me?"

"Mmm I do but it's always like this others get to play while I have to sit here watching them" she said stomping her foot . Maybe taking her here is a bad idea. Since the garden is next to the paediatric ward it's always filled with kids. I check my watch

"Eunie let's go back for now " I said waiting for her to refuse as usual but instead of that she stood up and walk inside with her head down. My chest get heavy watching her. She is so young but has to hold herself like this.

"Wait for me" I said catching up with her .

I was going through some reports when Dr Park ask me to meet him. I knock at his door and open it. He is absorb in his works and didn't even notice I entered to his cabin. I smile at his dedication to the work . Dr. Park is truly an amazing person not only his dedication to the field but also he is a kind hearted man . The whole hospital love and respect him . He achieved much in a young age and not to forget he is the heartthrob in the hospital . I cleared my throat to catch his attention .

"oh yoojin I didn't see you there come take a seat" he said signalling the seat in front of his desk.

"Thank you Dr.Park" I said .

"Hyujin told me you are doing well with the works but I want to check it on myself so what do you say do you have any matters to ask" he said with one of his breath-taking smiles . Now I can understand why nurses are all over him. We discuss few things that I have to go through in my internship and more until certain topic brought by him.

"By the way Yoojin I get to know from one of our little patients that you are now her favourite person in the hospital " he said with a smile. I frown my eyebrows confused until I realized who he is talking about.

"Eunie right" I said with a chuckle

"I was her favourite person until you came you shouldn't have steal my spot like that"

"I'm sorry about that Dr. Park" I reply with a smile

"I saw you spending lot of time with her it's good that you are getting along with them but don't attached too much . Some of their conditions aren't the best" he said and I notice his smile leaving his face for a while .

"That's for today you can go back to your works and if you have any questions feel free to ask me "

"Yes thank you Dr " I said while getting up to take my leave he nod his head .

Along the way to the staff room I cannot help but to think about his words . Is it because they leave once they recovered or what ?.

Dropping my exhausted body to the soft mattress I look up at the white celling. My thought drift to my parents . I haven't heard from them in a while not like we are in the best condition but my anger toward them faded little with the time. They are still my parents who raised me to who I am today and jaebum isn't the person I thought him to be. He is ..what should I say caring ? ,yes he is and... oh I don't know ,my own feelings confused me some times . Thinking about him I always wonder would he be the same if his relationship with his parents were different . He is cold and reserved but I could see glimpse of child and warmth buried beneath his stern self.

............................................................................

Clutching my phone tightly I dial the number carefully . It rang for a while until the other end answer it.

"hello" comes my mother's voice. I missed her voice.

"hello mom "

"Yes yoojin is something wrong?"

"ah no I just ....I just want to check on you"

"Really I'm glad that you called me it's being awhile I heard your voice how things going on" She ask and I can imagine how she smile to the phone.

"Everything alright here I.. I'm an intern in Hanyang hospital now. "

"yes I know Jaebum told me" her reply got me wide eyes .

"jaebum? Did you met him ? "

"Yes we had a meeting regarding the companies , He told me since I asked him about you. He told me not to worry about you . I know I can trust him he is a good man yoojin you know it right"

He didn't even told me that he met my mother.

"how's dad how are you doing mom " I asked without giving her an answer

"we are doing good yoojin you dad is busy with the company since sales show a great improvement after merging . Why don't you come home so we can catch up .your mother miss her daughter . Let's have a dinner together this weekend how about that?" did she really missed me that much. She is getting too excited .

"I will if i'm free on weekend "

"okay and don't forget to bring jaebum with you " she said

"I will ask him mom but I can't promise that he will come"

"okay then yoojin Call me again hope to see you soon dear "

"sure mom"

I end the call and look at the blank screen . I let out a sigh of relief it's good hear her voice . She talked me with a ease like nothing has changed between us or is it just me. Was it immature to think like that about my parents .

Written by@naveeranasinghe

Drop a comment I like to know what you guys think 😉