eclipse part 15

Jaebum’s mind was blank he wants to clear things with yoojin but don’t know how to  . That day he wasn’t in right state of mind and you had to be the one to approach him. He can’t even recalled what exactly happened to you to be this distance with him . Sure your relationship with each other wasn’t the best but still he thought finally he is making progress . You haven’t even look at him properly after coming back and keeping yourself shut in study room doesn’t help him either . But you are not the one to blame . It was his fault all alone. It’s either he confront you or let the distance keep grow .
Yoojin POV
It’s already been a week after coming back from jaebum’s grandparent’s house and already been a week since you started to ignore his existence . Lucky for you last semester also started few days ago so you don’t have to trap in the house doing nothing and making whole thing easy for you. You would be lying if you tell you didn’t miss his presence at all . You used to having him making little talk with you but then again he didn’t make any attempt to talk to you either . Sure you felt his stares here and there but still you gonna hold your ground what he did wasn’t fair to you.
It was going smooth until you get a call from mrs.lim inviting over for a dinner saying she would like to have a family gathering and to catch up with newlyweds . Why it has to to be you she could have talk to her son first . You whine looking at the blank screen . short after that jaebum came to the room while getting ready for office . Your eyes met for second only for you to look away from his face. Sure you have to talk to him somehow but you have made up your mind he should be the one to talk first . He stay for a while like he knows what’s on my mind and I could feel his gaze on back of my head . I wait for him to say something but nothing came as he left with heavy sigh . See that’s his problem . He could easily solve this with an apology and explanation but choose not to
............................................................................
I was having my lunch break when I get a text from jaebum .

From :- Husband jerk

Mom told me . I will come home early be ready

Tch! That’s it . Can’t he be nice a little . I’m not someone he can order around .
It’s just a simple dinner I don’t have to think much about the dress or do I . After having a fight with my own mind I choose to go with a simple printed dress and pair of low heels . I was fixing my hair when I heard sound of car parking . Must be jaebum . I grab my phone and went to downstairs .
I was surprised to see my parents in lim’s . It’s my first time seeing them after the wedding . They pass me a look acknowledging my presence and we all sat on the dining table for dinner. Jaebum sat next to me and engage in conversation with my dad. Mrs.lim and my mother keep asking questions about my new life and keep giving both of us side glances like they sense tension between us. For whole time I could see that jaebum ignore his parents for what ever reason  . Well as far as I know he isn’t very found of them and I can’t help but feel pity for mrs.lim who keep trying to engage him in a conversation with them but jaebum manage to shut her with his curt replies .
I was looking through some magazine when my mom sit beside me. I turn to her closing the magazine knowing she won’t let me loose this time.
what’s going between you two”
“with who” She gave me a look
yoojin”
“nothing mom . It’s nothing to worry”
“then how’s it going between you two. Do you even make any attempts to get closer to him”
“we are doing fine mom”
“it doesn’t seems like that. you guys barely even look at each other yet alone talk “
“”
“you know i’m right yoojin   do you planning to stay like that forever you guys are not strangers anymore.”
“ mom it’s the first time you see me after the wedding at least tell me that you missed me”
“oh don’t act like that yoojin i’m concern about  you”
then you shouldn’t have marry me to someone I barely know” I said while getting up not in a mood to talk to her anymore . I walk to the front door only to met up with jaebum’s worried  eyes. Did he heard over conversation .
it’s time to go” he said and I nod at him and went to find mr. & mrs.lim .
mrs.lim we are leaving “ i said while bowing to both of them.
oh already “ she said while looking at mr.lim
yes it’s looks like jaebum has some works to do “
“oh right then good night yoojinah “ she said giving me a smile
good night mrs.lim , good night mr. Lim “
“oh come on i told you to not to talk to us like that it’s father and mother to you now”
“ah yeah” i said returning  her smile . I turn to my father slightly bowing to him and walk to the front door without  a word .
let’s go” jaebum said walking out of the door
We fell into another silence . After a while I notice we are not in our way to home . Where is he heading .
where are we going”
“somewhere”
I look at him while raising my eyebrows . Giving him don’t -be-smart-with-me look
relax I think we need to talk”
“oh you think” I said turning my head away from him.
He let out a sigh.

Written by @ naveeranasinghe

(thanks for waiting . I will try to update more often 😅🙌)