The Aftermath of Happiness

1.8K Views and 101 Votes as of April 3, 2020

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING MY STORY~~~

Apologies for the late update cause I had several issues with this part as some part were deleted by mistake and there were several errors encountered which made me lose some edited parts as well but anyways, here is the update.

--------------------------------------------

**** TEAM'S POV ****

I was trying to focus on what the Professor is discussing in front but my phone kept on vibrating on my pocket.

I tried to ignore it at first cause basically there are only few people who know my number so I don't think it will be that important but the caller kept on calling me.

FATHER

3 Missed Calls

My heart suddenly palpitated so hard.

I trembled more when I get flooded messages from him soon after.

"Why are you not answering my calls?!"

"Don't you dare try to avoid my calls, you bastard kid."

"Call me back A-S-A-P!"

I was petrified.

I can only just stare at his messages.

"DON'T MAKE ME WAIT TOO LONG, TEAM."

"DON'T DARE TEST MY PATIENCE!"

Why does he still have the same effect on me although he is nowhere near me now?! He can't do anything to me thru text messages or calls but why do I still feel this scared of him!?

I decided to reply to him but it took me while before I was able to type the message cause my hands were shaking uncontrollably.

"I'm in class. I'll callback once I'm free."

I was hyperventilating while waiting for his response.

"Okay. Make sure to call me soon."

"Just to remind you, if I don't receive a callback until tomorrow, you better prepare yourself for a prize!!"

I was still shaking. What is this time that he want? I know he can't hurt me now cause basically he is far away from me but I know very well what he can do if I disappoint him again. I think he have his own way to check up on me here cause he knew about my ranking during the tryout and he was so angry at me that time that he told me that I better have good results sooner or later or else he will come to get me.

DAMN!! I think the call this time will be about the incoming competition. I bet he will threaten me again that I have to be the school representative and that I have to get the gold medal no matter what.

ARGH!! He can't physically hurt me but he can still torture me very well. I feel so freaking frustrated at my self and at the same time feeling really nervous.

"Hey Team, what happened to you?! Are you alright?" Manaow who is sitting beside me suddenly asked.

"I-im okay." I lied but she doesn't seem convinced cause she is still giving me a weird look.

"Are you sure you are okay? You are shaking.." she said as he tried to reach out to my hands which I moved further away cause she doesn't need to know how cold my hands are right now.

"It's nothing important. I just received an annoying message. You don't need to worry." I again lied then turned off my cellphone.

"O-okay... If you say so." Manaow said but I can still sense that she is trying to check me out while pretending she is convinced that I am okay.

I've Never Been This Closeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें