Chapter 5

The hallway is filled with the chatter of students talking about their plans for the weekend, or who did what with who. The sound of lockers slamming and opening accompanies them here and there. Suddenly the warning bell rings, causing Mr. Anderson to walk out of his office and ask students to hurry up. He stands tall with his brown sweater vest, and white dress shirt, along with his khaki pants and black dress shoes. He holds his hips, making it seem like he has more power than a counselor really should have.

Mr. Anderson starting at Maple Hills High a few years ago, and tried being the "go to" counselor that ever student loves, but he pushes his game way too far. He is the type of counselor that tells dad jokes and laughs at them while you awkwardly sit there, too young to actually understand any of it.

"Come on students, you have two minutes to get to class. You don't want to miss time learning this valuable information to change the world!" He says over excitedly

A few students turn towards him, both feeling pity for him, and annoyed by him. I slowly walk past him towards they gymnasium, where I know I will regret everything that is about to happen for the next forty-five minutes. He nods at me as I pass before I turn the corner and walk through the white metal doors that separates the large room of hell from the other part of school.

A few more students walk into the gymnasium wearing the same expression as I, while others walk in with a smile, only meaning they look forward to building on both their body and popularity in this school.

I walk straight to the dressing room, where some of the students are already getting dressed for the period. I place my bag on the wooden bench just as the final bell rings through the room, and echoing in the hallways. A few students rush to get dressed and run out of the room to join Coach Cooper on the bleachers to find out what we are doing. The other half continue slowly getting dressed, making small talk with each other.

By the time I get dressed, I am the last person in the locker room, which doesn't bother me. I am sure Coach Cooper has already started, and will not notice if I slip into the line up. I shove my foot into the shoe when I suddenly hear the locker room door slam open, and someone running into the locker room. At first I think it is a student Coach Cooper sent in for me the few times he actually acknowledges my existence. But when I look up my heart sinks.

Kobie Hartman rushes into the locker room. He opens an empty locker and shoves his bag in and quickly gets undressed. I assume he did not see me in his rush, which at this point I don't mind, as long as he doesn't see me and attack me again. He removes his shirt, exposing the bulging muscles. I stare in awe at the side of his pecs and the abs that hide just under. His large arm reaches into his bag and pulls out a white t-shirt. He turns, adjusting himself so that he does not hit the locker door as he puts on his shirt, and exposes the whole front of his body. He has a nice tan, considering he is from Oak Valley. and moved here when his father bought a multimillion dollar company. He has large pes, abs, and a V-line that slips under the rim of his exposed underwear. His muscles stretch and bulge as he slips on the shirt, then disappear when the shirt falls. He then looks over, finally noticing me.

"What? You see something you like, you fag." He barks.

I hate to admit it, but I did see something I liked. Kobie Hartman is hot, and that was the worst thing for me. He has a nice body, that I wish I had never saw, and will never get out of my mind. For the first time I actually notice how handsome he is. How his green eyes compliment his short black hair. I notice his shaped eyebrows, and straight nose, and for once, I realize how clean his face is. Unlike TJ and Jimmy, Kobie does not have a single pimple, or at least not one that is noticeable. And to top it all off, he has nice plush lips, that I could only imagine kissing in this moment of time. Why haven't I noticed his beauty before?