Chapter 9: Power

Previously

Previously...

I cut her off before she attempted to speak. "So this is some sort of tracking device I suppose?"

"Don't worry about it, you just need to remember to press that button."
_________________

Mafia groups have grown into a liking for excessive protection. As the first woman to sit at the top of the throne, I swore by my own oath. An oath to prove that women can hold such undying power. Such power consists of protection, where they become untouchable and tamper-proof.

"So you're telling me to trust that crappy piece of plastic to keep me safe?, Especially when I have my elite team with me?" I ask quite annoyed and tense in her arms.

She releases her grip on my arms slowly and I swiftly turn back to her. My gaze made her feel small in my presence. I grip her jaw and pull upwards making her look at me and I lean in. Our faces just a few inches apart as I can see fear lurking in her eyes.

"I-I.." She says, stuttering. Forcing herself to choke out words and whimpers.

I laugh, throwing my head back at her reaction and let go. I rub soft circles where I just recently held, pat her cheek a few times and walk away.

"Darling, if you're going to be frightened from simple interactions, you will get killed." I say while walking to the car.

On days where I take strolls outdoors, I have an entourage to follow me wherever I go. In this case, my 'stroll' is extended by a week and I want it to start now. So with no hesitation, I get in the car and head out to the gate. I look back in the mirror and see Annie finally released from her temporary staring paralysis.

"Annie! Take a picture, it'll last longer." I say with a light chuckle and speed off, leaving her to catch up.

Waiting at the gateway of the exit stood my elite team. Twelve men dressed in black tuxedos, hair slicked back. Crimson red handkerchiefs sits in their jacket suit pockets with black aviator shades to top off their appearance. I want my men to look presentable and sleek as it gives them confidence and myself a bit of attention. They respectively bow as I pass and they pile into their own cars. For every vehicle there were two men so in total six vehicles split evenly between the twelve.

I have had connections with a certain car manufacturer who understands my expectations for years. It was after the previous owner who rebuilt my vehicles and sold them under my nose where I made the decision to eradicate him and place one of my own in his position. Nowadays, during all of the trading and repossessions, If a vehicle does not meet my requirements they are sent there. They get rebuilt and renovated to become the best of the best. Bulletproof.

At times like this, that's when they'll need to be at the top of the chain, performance wise. Speaking of performance and besides having endless amounts of transportation, I hire worthy soldiers. My men being an example, these men who stand before me have proved their loyalty. Which is why they are the closest to me most times.