Chapter 2: Transactions and actions

Previously

Previously...

Kim Seokjin...
_______________

The next morning...
I woke up to the most irritating sound ever. I bring my hand out from the blanket and slam my hand on the alarm clock. It's 6:00 a.m., I have a meeting at 8 and I didn't sleep til 1:30 last night.

I sit up, swinging my legs over the edge of the bed. My head sinks into my hands as it painfully throbs. All night, the name Kim Seokjin would not stop replaying in my head. Have I met him before? He looked fairly familiar though.

I have no idea but all that matters, is the possible threat he could be.

"I really need to get ready." I whisper with a hoarse voice and look at my phone only to realize it's already 7:00 a.m.
...

Looking in the mirror, I throw my boots on and notice that my suit hugs my body perfectly. I approve of myself before heading to the door and slipping my coat on. As usual, my gun is tucked away, lying in its holster on my left side. A garter holding my other weapons sits on my right leg making it easier for me to grab if an emergency were to happen.

I walk down to the meeting room. My assistant whom I trust to keep me updated, jogs to my side to join me for the short walk to the meeting.

"Her majesty has arrived. Permission to speak freely sir?" She asks as I nod indicating her to proceed.

"She is very interested in this alliance. This will be very beneficial to you and your gang."

Without looking at her I can feel her eyes on me. She's right though. Both of us could use an agreement like this. Ever since our first meeting, she has pledged her life to stay beside me. She arranges special meetings to ensure my safety. As of now, I owe her my life.

~Flashback~
2 months after mom and dad passed...

It's so cold, and lonely in this place..
What am I going to do now? I can't sit in this apartment all day just to be hidden from daylight...
I grab the wad of cash that I had left and my heart sunk. This isn't enough to keep me stable.

"I've got to start working."

I dress into a set of black clothing from my duffle bag and head out. Hoping for the best. It's already 3:00 so I better hurry.

After walking to the nearest grocery store, people around me give me weird looks as I pass by. Without paying attention, I turn my head back around and hit someone hard causing both of us to stumble backwards.

"Hey! Do you mind? Watch where your going!" Shouts the young lady as she stands and brushes herself off.

I bow and quickly turn to avoid making a big scene. As I start walking she swiftly grabs my wrist and swings me around. I snap my head towards her and immediately recognized her. As we stand there, she squints her eyes as she starts to recognize me and her grip loosens.