Prologue: Begin Pt. 2

Yeori:

Yeori:

10 years earlier

It was 6:45 p.m. when the bell rang as the door opened. Her last few customers had walked in. They came up to the cashier and ordered.

"Good evening. How may I help you?"

"Two caramel machiattos please?"

"Coming right up."

The cashier served them their orders and went out back before heading out to her next job.

"Hey Yeori! You're gonna be late for your next job!" Exclaims a fair and good-looking young man from behind the kitchen. That's her boss. He cares dearly about her and her well-being. He hates to see her into trouble for being late or in trouble at all.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow then!" She happily says while grabbing her belongings in the office and taking off to her second part-time job. As she's driving, she gets a call.

"Hey dad, can I call you back? I'm driving right now." She hurriedly says before a hanging up and focusing back on the road.

Work was 10-15 minutes away from the cafe so it would be bad if she was caught with the phone in her hand. As she parked her car at the jobsite, she called her dad back and he immediately answered making her a bit nervous.

"Hey dad, wha-"

"Yeori? honey, I need you to stay away from home for a bit okay? Me and your mom love you very, very-"

"Wait, hold on. Where is all of this coming from so suddenly? What's wrong?"

Akward silence...

"Dad?"

"Look, I-I can't tell you right now. We don't have much time and this may be the last time I will be able to hear your voice. But listen and listen carefully. If anything happens to me and your mother, you must run. Do not come back home. Take the money from our accounts, take everything."

The house was at least 3 hours away from where Yeori worked as it was the closest distance to earn money. As her dad spoke soothing words into the phone, loud banging and yelling could be heard on the other end of the phone.

"Dad?! What the hell was that? Where are you?! I'm comi-"

"No. You must not come near here. Remember what I said . Do the right thing and you won't get yourself killed. I love you my daughter." says her dad.

Just like that, he hung up. She couldn't believe it. She sat there stuck in her thoughts. She knew they were in great danger. How? The thing is.. she knew of the debts and the trouble her father would be getting into. It was the reaon she started working.
As she was dazed, she realized what she could do. The right thing for her family.

To find them and either go into hiding or move out of country. Of all things she could worry most about, she just cared of not getting to them in time...
Without wasting any more precious minutes, she started up the car and sped away, forgetting about her nightshift.

She tried calling both her mother's and father's numbers but nothing. That's when she got more concerned.

"Fuck! Of all times, this had to happen when I'm 3 hours away." She yells, completely distraught.

She gets very frustrated and slams her hand on the wheel as she gets stuck in traffic. She sits idle in the line of cars anxiously waiting to move...

10 minutes later...

"Screw this." She slams her drivers door open, grabs her things and runs to her apartment. She swiftly changes and heads back to the parking lot. She gets on her bike. It's old but it's from her parents for her 17 birthday. It was cheaper. She wears her gear, starts up and speeds her way back home.

"Please be okay. Please."

She's just 1 hour away when she gets another call. This time, it was her boss.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I've got an emergency right now. I'm gonna call it."

"Well, you know this is your final strike. You're fired as of today." Mr. Boss man said with confidence and annoyance.

She scoffed, "Good, I never liked you anyway."

She then hung up not wanting to hear his voice anymore. Compared to the event happening now, that was not important.

~Time Skip ~

She had just pulled up to the curb of the house and was confused. As she turned off the bike she grabbed her self defense hand-gun and held it towards the front door.

"What? The lights on?...weird." She muttered.

She walked close to the door and cursed to herself. The sound of pieces of glass being stepped on could be heard. She opened the door slightly and looked inside. She was disgusted.

Glass, everywhere. The whole house was trashed.
She took a few more steps and felt the shattering of glass beneath her shoe. She crouched down and picked it up. It was their family picture. Tears were threatening to fall but as she placed the picture back on the ground, something in the corner of her eye caught her attention.

She walked toward it with utmost caution behind the couch. What she then saw caused her to drop the gun and become heavily shook.

"M-mom, dad?"

She stood for a couple seconds studying the bodies.

She was too late...

Both her parents were killed before she could even get here.

She was heartbroken but she wasn't sad.

She was more enraged.

Her fists clenched hard. Just enough to see her knuckles turn white. It wasn't until she saw a note that made her more mad.
It read...

"Hey kitten. See this mess? This is what happens when people don't pay me back. Otherwise, you would be seeing them on those couches waiting for you to come home. But, someone must take their place right? Don't even think about trying to run. Make one wrong move and your life will be a living hell."

Her fists clenched even harder and she ripped the note to pieces. She went to her dad's room and opened the safe. There were bundles of cash waiting to be used for emergencies. All the money was stuffed into a duffle bag. She dug deeper into the safe and found her father's gun. Hidden under all the cash she loaded the gun and admired the shine it had.

"I will avenge you, believe me. They won't be able to walk again..."