Chapter 3: Past and the Present

Previously

Previously...

"I can do this."
_________________________

"It's just one more meeting and I'm done."

My days in the underground are packed with business deals and meetings that I get exhausted quick. I can't back out of this because it's with my board. Once again, assistant to the rescue. She comes to comfort me and lift my mood.

"Hey, it's me speaking. Calm down girl. It's your last one of the day. Also the last time you'll need to see them until next month." She says with enthusiasm, I chuckle and look at her with a slight smile.

"We both know that it won't be the last. We also know how long this damn thing can be."

~In the meeting~

"Why the hell are you bringing this up now? This meeting was called specifically for us to discuss future business plans." I angrily state.

They had brought up a simple mistake that I had made when I was taken and almost killed by my rivals. So, at this point, I was getting overly irritated with these people. They think they can just speak their mind anytime and anywhere they want.

"For the fifth fucking time this week...."

As usual, my temper gets the best of me and I slam my hands on the table shutting them all up. There are seven people who make up the board. All are representatives of the gangs that I have overthrown and have control over.

"You all work for me. None of you are above nor the same level as me. I will not tolerate any of you disrupting my meetings. I should not have to repeat myself more than once either."

With almost red eyes and a hot temper I sit back down and calm myself. Without looking up, I urge them to proceed and they do as told. One of them speak up after a while of silence.

"S-so, sir. We must make a decision on whether we will attend the annual gathering or not." He says, oblivious to what I just mentioned.

"Ugh, it's gonna be a long night."

Annoyed and in pain, I lean back while listening to their conversations and nod when they ask anything.
I guess I'll be attending.

Meanwhile -

"Dude, sit your ass down and chill. You're making me nervous." The man sitting down types away at his computer as the other paces back and forth across the room.

"Oh, am I? If anything, you should be the one making me feel nervous!" He unintentionally shouts but finally plops down into a chair. They were searching for that girl. The daughter of the man and woman that he had killed a while back.

"Jin, calm down. We're doing everything we can to find her."

The man so called "Jin" pouted and looked away earning a laugh from his companion. Jin looked back at his boss and stared him down before asking him.