Chapter 6: Not So Secret

Previously

Previously. . .

Allowing him to see a red ruby ring on her finger as it caught a fraction of the light.

"Finally, she's here"
_______________
Yeori pov (before going to the club)

I stood up, flying the chair into the wall from the swift moment and leave. Slamming the door behind me, I walk straight to my office.

As I enter the office, the cold air hits my skin. Both hands grab a fist full of hair and I drop down to my knees, unintentionally screaming at the top of my lungs. The voices make it hard to see. To work every single day with those deficient and faulty people is truly a hassle.

"Annie! Here! Now!"

She comes running in, picking me off the floor and placing me in the chair. She grabs a bottle of water, puts the rim up to my lips and I drink. After a few sips, she closes the cap and pulls my hands away from my head, holding them tight instead.

"Are you alright? Why the episode all of a sudden?" She asks, ever so concerned.

"I'm not staying in this damned house tonight." I get up and start packing my stuff for the night. I have work to do but I absolutely refuse to sit in this office to do it.

"Where will you go?"

Frozen in place, I look at the time on the wall.

11:23 p.m.

"To relieve my stress. Get the car ready. I'm going out."

___

"Are you sure about this?"

Walking out the door, my driver follows suit with my bags. As of right now, I am purely disgusted with those people I appointed for 'The Board'. If I were to listen any longer, the more I'd go insane.

"Yes. I'll be fine." The driver puts the bags in the trunk and comes around to open my door.

"What if something happens to you? Like, you get kidnapped or worse, killed??" I place my hands on her shoulders to assure her that I will be fine.

"I'll be fine. It's my club anyways. In fact! You're coming with me."

Without further ado, I swiftly get into the car to avoid any arguments. Dumbfounded, she rolls her eyes and stomps her way to the passenger door and gets in.

"I don't intend to deal with that attitude you host for tonight." She cowers in her seat as we drive away from the house. I glance at the house then back to her.

"Be happy that I brought you with me. Otherwise, you'd be stuck with them." Sarcastically, I indicate the people of the board.

I watch as her figure slowly and visibly slouches and relaxes. It was knowingly a bit uncomfortable for the other two beings in the car. For me, the eerie silence relaxes my thoughts, body, everything. We made it to the club to see a line of people forming out the door.

"Why are there so many people? What's going on in there?" I ask with full curiosity. Being the person I am today, gives me the right to know what goes on around me.

My well-dressed assistant nods her head and talks into her earpiece. The conversation transfers to her phone and she angrily hangs up. Without showing her anger to me, she speaks.

"Sir, they were aware of your arrival. A certain someone had escaped, informed everyone and is now on the run."

It takes me a moment of silence to take in this new information. I remember that I had Andrew, a former soldier of mine, locked up in a guest room.

~ Flashback ~

"Also, two little birds have told me of a rat living under my roof. Do you happen to know who it is?" I ask as I sashay back to my chair with an evil but not evident smirk. When I reach my chair I sit and observe him as he nervously fidgets with his fingers.

"N-no miss." He mumbles and stutters.

I slam my hands on the desk and chuckle making him tremble and the contents of my desk jump. He kept calling me miss so what else am I supposed to do?.

"You are to call me sir and speak up, I can't hear you."

"No s-sir, I do not know who the rat is."

Liar.

"There are consequences for lying to me you know that right?"  He nods and keeps his gaze at the floor. I stand again but this time he trembles in place more. The click of a gun is heard echoing through the room.

"Ever since that sad day, I've realized how pathetic I was. Now look at me. Confronting the rat himself who claims to not know of its existence while holding him at gun point."

"S-sir, please. This is a misunders-"

I can just imagine the life draining out of him from the tense atmosphere.

"I know what's true and what isnʻt. Right now, we both know of the situation. So confess now." I cut him off and give him a dirty look, staring into his soul.

Silence..

"Fine. By the way, you are very bad at hiding your guilt. Ever since you've been recruited there has been nonstop trouble around here. Finally, it'll settle." I put the gun down, sit and rub my temples. He just stands, waiting to meet his fate.

Instead of killing him right then and there, I look at him, smile while cupping my face with my hands and snap my fingers. He knew what was coming as my elite guards walked in and stood behind the guy.

"Boys, take Andrew here to a guest room. He is to be on constant supervision until I can figure out what to do with him." I order and roll my eyes as I see him try to pry himself out of their grip.

~ End of flashback ~

"He dare to test me?..By the way, when did we recruit a new soldier? I walked past one and I didn't recognize him as one of ours."

"No, we have not."

My fists clenched on the door handle and without thinking I open the door. My assistant hastily swings her door open to get to me. Making my way in the brightly lit place the crowd splits, making way for me, my assistant and the guards to follow.

"Sir, calm down it isn-" The assistant was cut off by what had caught her attention. She mumbled her thoughts to herself. 'How did they get in here?'

Just as she was to continue walking with her queen, she spotted something very...peculiar. She watched as a man walked to a V.I.P. lounge. She observed his every movement from his stride to his expression. What struck her the most was the fact that he often glanced at the Queens chambers.

She brushed that nervous feeling off and continued alongside the life of her party.