Chapter 14: Greet

Previously

Previously. . .

Parked at the entrance, I rush Jungkook and Ji-Hye to go in while I wait in the car. I take the time to whip up the camera footage of a few days ago on the car's computer system. My eyes divert to the car in the center of the traveling group of vehicles and widen once I realize who the owner is.

"Oh, we are in for it tonight."
_____________________

On the system, It displays a numbered list full of footage from different times and days. I click on the footage of the day we had the confrontation with that woman and stare in disbelief. Time stamping the clip at the right spot, I immediately ring in Jungkook and he picks up within a heartbeat.

"Jin-Hyung, we're coming in a bit-"

"Stay hidden and make your way out. I'll be waiting." I shout through the phone before hanging up and looking out the window.

I exchange looks between the video and the vehicle. Each feature and plate number match perfectly with what the footage caught. My phone rings this time, the caller ID reading "BOSS".

"What's with the rush?" He says, his tone a bit cold and I roll my eyes.

"I've got a surprise. Look familiar?" I hang up, send him a photo of the car and call him again knowing that he refuses to give this ridiculously stupid opportunity up. The phone goes silent for a few minutes before a voice on the other end speaks.

"Just keep an eye out. Follow her if you have to but worst case scenario, you need to call for backup." Yoongi states. I could feel the bits of hatred and sympathy from him through the device.

He abruptly hangs up and I toss my phone on the passenger seat, closing and folding the computer system up.

"The day he chooses to go out, is the day he gets himself in more trouble." I snicker, letting my head fall onto the seat head rest and stretch my arms out in front of me.

Soon enough after a while of tinkering with the system, a woman hastily and clearly upset, makes her way out into the lot and gets into the target car.

It isn't like me to suddenly have an overwhelming rush of adrenaline. My body jolts at the sight and my fingers fumble over the middle console for the keys. As the car starts I do what I'm told and ring in Yoongi, telling him that I'll be in pursuit. In the corner of my vision, a completely blackened out Chevy SUV follows suit behind, along with a duplicate sedan.

The SUV's windows are tinted dark as night, an assault rifle's muzzle is visible from the passenger with a black leather gloved hand tightly holding the grip. Based on its size, I'd expect to see at least 8 people inside. I mean, I understand the way she needs to portray herself around town but her auto convoys ain't shit to reckon with.

"I have eyes. Leave the SUV up to me. Just hurry, there's a decoy." I sigh, nervously bite my bottom lip and grip the wheel tighter.

I keep my distance but make sure to keep them in my sight while I wait for backup. Meanwhile, I press a button on the radio panel and it opens up a hidden compartment. Inside, a pistol and a few loaded magazines await to be used. I grip the pistol in my left hand, the right remains on the wheel and I fire a few shots at the spinning tires enhancing the high speed chase.

The assault immediately backfires as the SUV drops back from the group and slams into my side. The impact forcing my body to swing where I was hit and my head crashes into the driver's side glass window. It shatters and the glass splatters everywhere, covering my lap and leaving my hands with small incisions while leaving a decent sized gash on my left cheek.

Quickly, I regroup myself and switch grips. My life flashes before my eyes as the side by side shootout situation intensifies. Bullets fly across the dashboard nearly grazing my beautiful face, shattering all windows in the process and I duck behind for the safety of the car door.

"Fuck!"

On instinct, my foot slams the brakes to avoid anymore damage and the enemy speeds away in front of me. A stinging force and wave of immense pain hit my right shoulder when I turned to fire back. My right arm goes limp, falling to the middle console leaving it useless to do anything. My grip on the pistol loosens as well and it falls in between the passenger seat and console. I grip the wheel tighter with my uninjured arm, steering away from the chaos and pull off the road to a safe place to immediately treat myself.

As much as I think I'm aware in this moment, my eyes divert from my rear-view to the front windshield at the last second. I looked back in hopes to have seen Yoongi behind but no luck at the time. I text my location and a simple message relying on it to get them here quicker.

"Hyung, are you alright?! We see you. We're coming!"

The call goes static and my arm drops, my head falls back onto the headrest and my breathing gets a bit heavier when I grasp my shoulder. I look back once more and catch a glimpse of a familiar Black BMW, hastily weaving its way through the traffic. I sigh in relief and look forward. Without having time to think, my eyes widen and I race to disconnect my seatbelt. I hear the click of the belt and swing my body toward the door quickly trying to open it.

In seconds the SUV rams me head-on. Their bumper guard sends me tumbling and flying into the middle of traffic. My car completely totaled already, flips over. Leaving me hanging upside down hoping another civilian won't hit me.

The buzz sound of a phone echoes through the overturned vehicle and I reach to pick it up. My vision pulses and becomes a slight blur. The blinding of headlights get closer and closer as if it were to stop but sped away as soon as another car pulled up next to me.

"Help..."