Chapter 8: Too Much

Previously

Previously...

Yoongi, still in the lounge, puts on his mask and sneaks his way through the crowd. He jogs to the front door but on the way, he sees her.
...
Speed walking on the dance floor in the shadows, the queen and her servant nervously look around as they go. It is until Yeori sees a familiar man.
____________________
Both lock eyes with each other. Both, as curious as they are, want to see each other. Being it's not their first meeting, it isn't a love story to be told. The glares they sent were deadly. Pure hatred and disgust radiated through the air, almost suffocating.
One of y/n's guards noticed the sudden atmosphere change and looked to where she was staring. As a guard, his duty was to be aware of his superiors every move. As a security measure, he steps in front of her to block her view from the danger ahead.

Yeori POV

Why did he have to be here?

Of all times he decides to show up now?

An elite of mine steps in front of me and blocks my view. By his actions, I know what he's doing. He knows that if me and that despicable man get any closer, I would be the one to snap.

"Blocking me are you?" I ask sarcastically as we move.

"My sincerest apologies, but we must keep moving."
As we made it to the doorway, I look back to where I assume he was heading to. No luck. He just disappeared. Growling in disgust and anger, I stomp my way to the car. Leaving all personnel behind and getting in. They pile into their designated vehicles and we head back to the house.

"Never thought I'd be willing to come back to this place so soon" I say as we pull up to the garage doors. Both doors open and the car gets parked.

Tired as hell, I head straight to bed. There are things that need to be done but can also wait. Everything that happened tonight, has given me a major headache. I take a shower, do my nightly routine which clearly I didn't expect I'd be doing. Climb into bed, and turn off my bedside light. It's already 12:30 p.m so I better get some shut eye.

8 hours later...

I had to come back to the club. Someone admitted him in and I want to know who it was. Calling an emergency meeting, my assistant dragged every employee of mine to the last room down the hall.

"Now which one of you knuckleheads permitted the entry of a man named Agust D?"

My demeanor had them cower in fear. No one answered, as usual. They stood in one line of formation in front of me as I walked back and forth. If thereʻs one thing I've learned from being around these men is that they are terrible at hiding things from me. However, none of them had the look of guilt or shame. It was as if they didn't know anything. So, I let it slide.

"You all will find out how and why his entry was permitted. Every servant, bartender or soldier that was present, is to be interviewed. No stone goes unturned."

They gossip about last night while my back is turned and I listen. I sit as they all bow in respect and respond in unison.

"Yes sir."

After a painful two hours of organizing paperwork, I finally have the day to myself. Wrapping things up, I pack up my things and let everyone go back to work. If you were wondering, they don't like it when I'm here. Why? If I were to sit behind a mirrored window, they would most definitely be doing absolutely nothing. Which led me to the conclusion that they ridiculously aren't allowed to be unproductive.

Anyways, I walk back down the hall. I grab one of my many car keys from a hidden case under my lounge chair and head downstairs. Located under the staircase lies a hidden elevator. As I descend down under the club, I pass three floors. One made up of hidden meeting rooms, used for safety precautions and missions.

The second floor down is strictly for relaxation of other bosses. Believe me when I say strictly for other bosses, we need time to ourselves too. Of course, certain rules, regulations and registration are made and required to be followed. Peace, being a major one.

Now, the last floor is used for my vehicle storage. This one is unique and special, this is where car trades and repossessions happen. Due to the constant money increase, it would be useless to steal stock cars.

As I get off of the elevator, I hear footsteps. I brushed it off thinking it was me but boy was I wrong. After the ding of the elevator moving back up, the steps get heavier and louder. As if whoever it was, we're running at full speed towards me.

However, I'm not the type to be afraid when scenarios like this happen. It's best to stay calm and not show emotions because it can and will throw them off.

"Sir! Where are you going?!"

That voice. That damned voice that I love so much. I hate it.

"No formalities when we're alone Annie. Must I keep repeating myself?!" Says my overly annoyed demeanor.

"No Si-Yeori.... Where do you think you're going? It's the busiest time of the day and you want to go out?" She asks with the biggest concern.

"Is there a problem? What's wrong with me taking a break? No one knows who I am without my mask"
She looks at me like I'm a dummy and walks closer to me. She spins me on my heel and presses a button on my lanyard. "Fine, if you are to take the week off, this needs to be your alarm. Any potential danger should be your main concern."

I turn my head just enough for her to see my side profile. She tilts her head and questions my action. I cut her off before she attempts to speak. "So is this some sort of tracking device I suppose?"

"Don't worry about it, you just need to remember to press that button."