Chapter 1: Shadow

It was a beautiful sunny day

It was a beautiful sunny day. Birds having harmonious conversations, cars whizzing by with people walking through the streets. Just a normal day...
Well, for some people.

The boss sat in her office chair, looking out the window. She watched as people walked not paying attention to their surroundings.

Yeori pov:
"People, they just never learn, do they." I mutter before standing up from the chair and closing the curtains.

I fear no evil, the darkness is mine. It's a way of testing people. Darkness kills those who think they know everything. I am one who is willing to know everything being the shadow of the city. My darkness can be felt, but never seen.
I can never be seen.

I prop my feet up on the desk, lean back, close my eyes and take a moment to relax as I wait. The moment was brief as the sound of the door handle turning alerted me. Footsteps were heard walking to the front of my desk, until it went silent. A man's voice broke the silence.

"Miss, here are the documents you requested." He says, completely oblivious to my current mood.

"What the hell took you so long? This was the most simplest task I assigned you. Do you not have any manners?" I sighed not moving one bit, and spoke with annoyance.

Finally opening my eyes, I look at him. I got up from my chair and walked to the front of the desk. I lean back on the desk and lazily cross my legs as I stand.
We both stare at each other for a few minutes. He stares at me trying to see past my soul. My blood boils when my people look me in the eye. Everyone should have gotten that through their heads, I guess I was wrong.

"Tell me, do you think I'm dumb?" I speak blatantly.

The man looks down at the floor.

"No miss." He says, barely over a whisper.

I stay silent again and study his facial expression. His eyes roll as he stares at the floor and his body isn't so tense as usual. He has feelings, that's for sure. You see, when I recruit men, each go through a special training. They are taught to not feel or show emotion. It isn't any torture of any sort, it's similar basic military training just a bit more, intense.

~Flashback~

I drove and drove. I didn't look back nor did I stop. I didn't care about anything in the world but myself. Why did this have to happen tonight?
Both of my parents have died and someone's after me. What a life..

The sound of the bike's low gas alert woke me from my thoughts.

"Shit..its alright, the nearest town is right around the corner."

A few minutes later, I pull up to a gas station to fill up. As I wait for the bike to fill up, a drunk man with tattered clothes stomps his way up to me.