It's Time, Zero.

Y/N grabbed her hair, fingers lacing into the strands.
"Why, Kaname? What did I do?"
She asked, trying to figure out why Zero had suddenly changed his mind.  It didn't make sense!
One minute, they were happy and helping each other, the next... she was thrown away.  At that moment, Y/N felt like an empty bag being tossed around in a fit of violent winds.  She had no control of what was happening around her, she had no control over anything.
No... I control myself.  I control how I react to this.  He doesn't deserve to see my tears.

Y/N stood up, smiling shakily at Kaname.
"I'll accept your apology for now, but I won't forgive you.  I won't lie to you and say that what you did was okay.  A part of me will always remember what you did, a part of me will always be afraid of you.  Thank you, but I don't think I need comforting."
The female stood up straighter than before, shrugging the coat off her shoulders and stepping away from the vampire.
"You should keep this, you're colder than I am."
After all, it was nature for the pale creatures to be chillier than a warm blooded human.  She tossed him the mass of black fabric.  As the coat blocked his view, she had already turned on her heel and walked away.

As Y/N walked down the pathways of the university, she gnawed on her bottom lip.  Although she planned to act strong and refused to show weakness, it still upset her greatly.  The girl had grown rather fond of Zero, and she had believed that they had begun to get along rather swimmingly.  Though, the silver haired vampire's switch in attitude was rather alarming, to say the least.  Nonetheless, Y/N planned to go do something, anything, to get her mind off the pain that had seeped into her heart.

"The library seems like a good place to go..."

Her voice muttered softly, words disappearing into the empty night air.  Normally, there would be someone next to her to answer or offer to walk with her.  Sadly, Y/N felt truly alone this time around.  Stepping further into the heart of the academy, footsteps began to smack against stone.  The sound reverberated against any structures around her, mainly the dorms.  
While walking, Y/N's orbs turned to the side.  On a bench underneath a single lamp, illuminated by the faint light, Zero was simply... sitting there. 

His violet orbs shot up to the girl, a clash of emotions meeting in them. 
Regret, anger, pity, and a small twinge of affection.
He started to stand up, his lips parted in order to speak.  Stepping out of the beam of light, he lowered his head.  A cascade of silver locks swayed downwards with this movement, but it didn't last long.
"Y/N,"
He muttered, his voice low and seeping with emotions,
"I'm so-"

Y/N stared at the male form, bent over and clearly forcing out an apology.
"You have no need to apologize.   You feel what you feel, that can't be changed.  It doesn't matter.  Good luck, Zero."
With those words, Y/N continued to walk.  She took long strides down the path, not glancing backwards.  If she had taken the time to look behind her, the girl would have seen the spotlight shrinking in the distance.  The man in the outskirts of the beam would grow smaller as well, his face crestfallen at the sight of the retreating female.
However, the girl didn't look back, she never even batted an eye back in his direction.  Not this time.

Y/N rounded the corner, disappearing from Zero's line of sight.  Immediately after, she felt her back curve slightly.  Her lungs felt full, yet they felt as if they had collapsed from lack of oxygen.  No matter how many feel breaths she sucked in, they did nothing to clear her light headedness.   Slightly dizzy, she pushed onwards.  The grand doors of the library were standing there, waiting. 
The female raised her hand to her lips, violently scrubbing them with the back of her hand.  She tried to erase the feeling of softness from Zero's lips against her own.  Instead, a burning sensation replaced the softness.