2

Ava Morris

"Mom, I'm good, and I don't have any problem with my teacher," I say into the phone, holding my books with one hand.

"If you have any problem, just talk with the administration, don't sit quietly," Mum roars. I pull the phone away from my ear and bring it back.

"Yeah, mom. . . I understand that you are worried about it. But please don't worry and don't tell dad anything. I will talk with the junior professor and figure it out."

"Good, and eat on time." I looked at the watch on the wall. It's time for me to attend the taxation class.

"Yup! Mom, I will call you back when I'm done with my classes."

"Okay, take care, and I love you."

"Love you too, Mom," I said, ending the call. I threw my dirty clothes in the laundry basket before picking up my books from the table. I quickly arrange them in the bag and pick up my phone. I need to attend my classes if I want to pass this semester.

My roommate is out with her boyfriend. She hardly stays in the dormitory. I don't have any problem with that because I can have my space without worrying about anything.

I hummed to music before walking out of the room. A few girls were walking to their classes. I smiled at a girl whom I knew. We are in July, and the climate is good today. I started walking towards the main building where I had my classes.

A few juniors were roaming outside while a few were hurrying to their classes. I have my share of friends, but they don't stay in college dorms. Some didn't want to stay in dorms, while others didn't get a dormitory.

"Hey, Julian!" I said, looking at the guy. Julian turned around when he heard my voice.

"Hey!" We both smiled, looking at each other while walking toward our classroom.

"Where were you yesterday? We wanted you to join us," Julian says, removing his earphones.

"I was at home. You know, I will be staying with my parents at weekends. Didn't Poppy tell you guys? I left a message."

"Oh right, she did, but after an hour, we were in the middle of the party." I couldn't help but laugh, shaking my head.

We both walked towards our seats situated in the middle of the class. "Where are others?" I asked him because I didn't see any of my friends.

"They will be joining us in a few minutes." I nodded my head while taking out my book and pen.

"Did you complete your notes?" Julian asked.

"Yeah, I don't want to feel the wrath of Mrs Watson."

"True!"

I chuckled at the same time as Lola took the seat beside me. I turned to see Max, Auden and Ron entering the class.

"Where is Poppy?" I asked Max.

"She forgot her assignment in the dormitory. She went to collect it," he answered while sitting behind me.

"You have any food with you?" Auden asks while plopping down beside his girlfriend, Lola.

"Yeah," I replied, taking a cookie packet from my bag. Ron sat beside his best friend, Julian. We all met and became friends in the first semester. We share the exact timetable and classes.