22

Ava Morris

I hurriedly did my hair. Everyone around me has already left. Briya and the other others who I have hired for today are taking care of the church. "Shit." I cursed not being able to do my hair. "Fuck it." I threw my hair open and combed it lightly before placing the hairpiece.

"Okay, everyone, gather around, we are leaving," Mumma called.

Vincent and others reached the church. The only people who left were me and a few cousins. I don't know where Brad is. I didn't call him as they had a photo session with the groom. I looked in the mirror as Mum entered the room with a hurried expression.

"Valerie is freaking out, she is nervous."

"She will be fine. The wedding starts in thirty minutes." She nods her head. She is beautiful. She wore a long beige dress.

"You look beautiful, mum." She smiled, looking down at her dress. "I maintained diet to fit into this dress. Your dad couldn't take his eyes off me. And I loved the reaction, totally worth it."

I chuckled, nodding my head. "You look beautiful, honey, in that dress."

"Thank you, mum." I dressed in a beige dress that had a ribbon bow tie in the back. I loved it and decided to wear it for the wedding.

The wedding is a simple and private ceremony. Only 150 members are going to be present. Close relatives and friends of Vincent and Valerie. The dress code is black, pearl white and beige.

"Ma, did you see my phone?" I searched for my phone but I couldn't find it.

"I didn't, Brad is waiting for you. I'm leaving." Brad is here?

I was startled when I heard a voice from behind. I turned around to see Brad standing in his suit. I smiled at him standing straight. My eyes scanned him from top to bottom. I never saw him in a tuxedo. He looked hot and when my eyes went to his face, his eyes were doing the same thing as mine. I laughed when our eyes finally met.

"Beautiful." He whispered more to himself.

"You look hot," I commented, wandering to where he stood.

"You are beautiful."

"Thank you," I whispered, wrapping my arms around his waist. I smiled happily, looking at him. He leaned down kissing my forehead.

"I bought you this."

"What is that?" I asked, taking the box from his hands. Now he wrapped his arms around mine while I opened the box.

"They are beautiful." I traced my thumb on the diamond studs. "Thank you, I love them." I leaned up on my tiptoes and kissed his cheek.

"Put them on." I chuckled, looking at the excited expression in his eyes. "Hold this." I handed him the box and removed the earrings which I wore.

"When did you buy them?"

"I don't remember, I bought them long ago."

"Long ago?"

"A couple of years ago. Probably, four years ago." I stopped removing the other earring and looked at him in confusion.

"I wanted to buy something for you when I got my first cheque in boxing. So I bought these for you."

"So you mean to say you have been liking me from long back?" he kissed my forehead.

"You never know."

"What does that mean?" I asked, turning around to see myself in the mirror. The studs he gave suit me and I smiled in the mirror watching him.

"They suit you." He complimented, tracing his finger on my cheek. We stayed there for a minute. I love the warmness that radiates from Brad.