8

Ava Morris

I blinked my eyes, placed my hand on the car seat and nodded my head in appreciation. I looked out of the window and smiled.

"Did you buy this one?" I asked Brad while looking at the interior of the car. He didn't say anything and kept his face blank. My gaze fell on his fingers as he tapped them on the steering wheel.

"Nice car," I commented, giving him a humongous smile. "I'm being honest, this car is cute and comfortable. It suits you, Brad."

There was a minute of silence as I waited for him to say something. I only met with silence and him looking forth. I shrugged my shoulders and a sigh left my mouth. "Okay."

"Where do you wanna go?" he asked a minute later.

"Walmart and target!" My smile is back on my face. I rock my feet on the car floor. Brad turned around and he looked at me. His brows frowned in confusion.

"Can't we go to Walmart or Target? Why both?"

"Because I like the decorative stuff from Target. They are less expensive and cute." Brad didn't look away. He kept staring at my face for a minute.

"Brad? Did I say something wrong?" He quickly snaps out of his thoughts and looks away. "Where do you want to go first?"

"Walmart." I pulled my phone out. "I actually made a long list of things we were going to buy. I also made a Pinterest board for your apartment makeover."

"Pinterest?"

"Yes, it makes it easy, you know. I went through the boards and other makeover pictures. I have selected some pictures and created a board. I will send you the pictures so that you can tell me if you like them or not."

"Do you want to see how I want to paint the walls of your apartment?" I asked.

"No." My brows grimaced.

"Why?" He shrugged his shoulders and gave me a side-eye look. "I cannot decide on anything, do as you wish."

"Okay." I looked out of the window as there was nothing much to talk about. Brad doesn't like to chat and I don't want to become an idiot before him by blabbering out words. The ride to Walmart was a short one.

I watched as Brad got the cart. "Now?"

"The paint section," I said out loud. He nodded his head and looked around for the board. "I know where the paint section is."

He glanced back at me. I turned around and started walking towards the paint section while he followed me. "I want to keep it normal and sweet. So I'm thinking it would be good if I used white, warm brown or other shades of brown for the walls. I'm planning to do the same with your bedroom. You know... Have the common colours throughout the apartment."

I turn around to see if he is listening to me or not. He is listening, "You have any particular colour in your mind? You can tell me. I will use those shades while painting the walls." We are in the paint section.

"Do whatever you want," he said, turning towards the paints. I watched him as he went through the colours and picked up the paint boxes. He checked them, "is this the one?"

I looked at the paint box and nodded my head. "Yes." He placed the paint boxes in the cart. Then we went over to the paint tools section. He got all the tools.

"Next?"

"Next?" I pulled my phone out and opened the notes. "Pillows, blankets, kitchenware, table, sofa, cushion, bedsheets-" I was stopped by Brad.