27

"Matured and happy."

Ava Morris

I smiled as the wine was served, and giggles were heard as the kids ran around the corners. I chuckled and nodded my head, agreeing with what Darcy was saying. "You are not entirely right, you didn't understand my question," Celeb countered.

"It would be best if you two didn't start with arguments," Peter said, looking at Darcy. "I wasn't looking for a debate. He never agrees with what I say." Celeb rolled his eyes, but thankfully, Darcy nor Peter saw that.

My eyes wandered to where Brad and Vincent were. Brad is speaking with Mr and Mrs Knights. Our gazes met, he gave me a small smile and I fell for those smiles every time. "I didn't know that you were seeing Brad." My gaze went to Ivan.

I smiled at him. Ivan used to be our neighbour before he shifted to New York with his parents. But we are still neighbours with his grandparents. "We kept it private for a while. You were busy in New York." He nodded, "Agreed." Time passed before it was time for speeches.

Taking a deep breath, I looked at everyone. "May I have your attention please?" My eyes went to Brad, who looked semi-nervous but gave me an encouraging smile. He tried to deliver a speech before us but he was too shy and nervous. I didn't want to force him on this. So we decided that I would be the one to give the speech.

"Thank you for joining our happiness tonight. We are grateful for all the things that have happened in these past two years. Hope Academy and home are Brad's biggest pursuits. Endless calls, plans, days, months and here we are." The crowd smiled. "After many sleepless nights and schedules, the project finished and we were able to breathe. Watching Brad build his dreams is one of the luckiest things. I'm proud of him and we are proud of him." I kept my gaze locked on Brad. "I'm lucky that I got him." Everyone in the room laughed as Brad shook his head with a smile playing on his lips.

"The Hope Home has its first family. I will be introducing the members of Hope Home. Now I call on stage Noah, Tom, Robert, Zac, Samuel, Leonardo, Paul, Ashton, Denzel, Bryan, Aaron, Kevin, Colin, Chris, Eric, Sean, Colton, Taylor, Elsa and Ivy." Brad and Vincent helped them.

All the children walked towards the stage, followed by Brad. Noah, Tom and Robert helped the younger kids. They are 16 years old and the oldest kids in the house.

Everyone applauded as they got on the stage, they were shy and uncomfortable with the attention they were getting. Tom held Elsa, her blue eyes standing out in the crowd. Noah carried Taylor in his arms as she tensed when camera flashes went on. Brad had Ivy, who was giving a toothy grin.

I smiled as they all stood in a way where every guest could see them, the boys wore white shirts tucked in black trousers. Pictures were clicked and I stood beside Brad as he wrapped his free arm around my waist. We allowed the media inside even though Brad disagreed.

"You girls are cute," Ezarah said, looking at Ivy, Elsa and Taylor.

"They are angels. Could I take these angels home?" Kreo Weinburg said, crunching down to pull their cheeks. They were taken aback by his words and hid behind the boys as their cheeks turned red. We all laughed as Kreo was awed at their cuteness.

"Whom I'm going to take if you take all three." We turned to look at Elwen Mckenzie. "None, because they are my angels exclusively." Elwen punched Kreo's arm playfully as the girl started running around.

"Thank you so much for joining us," I said. "We are happy to be present," Kreo spoke, looking at the kids and Brad.

"We met the famous Brad MacCarthy, we are happy to be here," Elwen replied and Kreo agreed with his words. Brad spoke with Kreo and Elwen while I walked towards Vincent, who was chatting with the boys.

"Why don't you sing a song for us all," I said to Vincent. "Are you going to sing a song for us?" The little boys asked in excitement.

"Yes, do you want me to sing? Any suggestions?" Vincent asked them.

"I like all your songs, pretty girl, and mine forever, are my top favourites," Colin said. While the other boys were shy to speak out.

"Are you boys okay if I sing Pretty Girl?" Vincent asked the remaining boys. They all nodded their heads in excitement, making Vincent and I laugh. Vincent ruffled Sean's hair. "I will sing the song for you boys."

*

The event came to an end. The cleaning staff that Mum had hired started cleaning up the space that was used for the event. Ezarah had to attend a party. She left with Kreo. Auden, Max, Ron, Julian, Lola and Poppy were thrilled to meet Brad. They were taken aback by Brad's shyness and how gentle he was while speaking with them.

They left an hour ago. Mum and Dad went home to take a rest. Vincent took Valarie as she was tired and wasn't feeling well. Now it's just me, Brad and the kids.

"Kevin baby, why don't you and Colin help the boys with food? I asked the twelve-year-old boy.

"Sure, Ava."

"Thank you, darling." I kissed his cheeks before walking towards the elder boys. They sat up straight and I couldn't help chuckling. They looked beautiful in their suits and ties. I took a seat and they all smiled shyly. It was as if I was with Brad's long-lost brothers. They all, in a way, seem like they belong to Brad. They do belong to Brad now...

"How are you all feeling? I'm sorry that there were so many people."

"We are feeling good, Ava. Thank you for asking. How are you feeling? It must be tiring, we can help you with cleaning but they are not allowing us to help." I awed and patted his shoulder.

"Thank you, honey. I'm feeling good, maybe a little bit tired, but I'm happy that you are all here. You don't have to help and please relax and explore this place."

"We never thought we would be meeting Brad but here we are― staying in his home and didn't even dream about seeing a pop star," Kevin spoke, taking his seat beside Noah. Noah is the elder kid among all the boys. I smiled at him. "This is your house too. Brad loves that you are all here. Aren't you guys happy?"

Noah gave an assuring smile but there was so much doubt in his eyes. "We― We don't know what to say. Everything feels like a dream." His gaze went to the younger ones who were playing. "We were sent to charity houses because none were ready to take us as foster kids." He looked at his close friends. "We didn't know why we were chosen, nor do we do now. But we are happy to meet everyone here."

"I know it isn't to get habituated to new places. But I hope you all know that Brad loves you all equally and he would do anything to keep you all safe and healthy."

The boys smiled, nodding their heads. "We have a feeling that we would love to live here," Tom said. Brad's gaze met mine as he was holding Denzal and Bryan.