14

Ava Morris

"Pass me the wrapper." I looked around on the ground for a wrapper. There were too many.

"Which one?!"

"Blue with white dots." I passed the wrapper to Poppy who was sitting adjacent to me packing gifts.

"Aren't you going to give gifts to anyone?" Lola asked, walking in with her set of gifts.

"Nope, I don't have any close friends apart from you guys."

"Okay."

I continued editing the pictures on my laptop while they packed their gifts for their family and friends. "I can't believe we will be walking down the aisle with our degree in three days." Hearing Poppy's words made me look at all the photographs I had stuck on my wall.

"I'm gonna miss this dorm," Lola said.

"Can't believe we are graduating, time flew quickly," Poppy spoke. Time flew quickly without us knowing. I don't even remember what I did all those days. We were busy throughout the year preparing for exams, writing assignments, submitting them and then doing lab work and tests. We didn't hang out this year like we used to because of the final year. We have attended a few parties but most of the time was spent in the library, study halls and classrooms.

I'm going to graduate in three days. My parents will be here. I spoke with Vincent the other day and told him to be there for my graduation as he didn't attend my high school graduation. He didn't promise me anything but told me he would be there. Let's just hope that he will be present.

"Ava," Poppy called.

"Hmm?"

"What happened to your internship? Are you moving to the city?"

"Yeah, what about the internship?" Lola asked. I stop doing my work and turn into my chair.

"The interview went well and they are ready to offer me a place in their media department." Poppy's and Lola's eyes widened in surprise.

"Wow! That's good news, girl. What have you decided?" Lola asked.

"Indeed, it is good news but I'm not sure about it."

"Huh? Why? What's problem? You always wanted to do an internship at that company and now they are offering you a secured job," Poppy said.

"You are true but the company wants me to sign a contract."

"So?"

I rolled my lips into my mouth before massaging my face. "I don't want to sign any contract with any company. As you two know, about my dream project. If I have signed the contract, I cannot focus on opening my own studio. I wanted to do an internship for three months but a job is a whole different thing," I said. They nodded their heads in understanding.

"Yeah, you are right, but do you have enough savings to open the studio? Or is your brother going to help you?" Poppy asked. I know they are curious about the money or how I'm going to open the studio.

"Poppy, I have saved enough money to rent a place for a year. And I'm generating income through Youtube. My content has been shared and liked."

"Yeah... You are a Vlogger too," Lola said. "Haha, maybe I should've made YouTube content too." I smiled.

"Never too late to make content on Youtube." They continue doing their work and I turn back in my chair.

I'm searching for a place where I can open my own studio. I'm thinking forward to growing my photography business. I wanted to open a studio here in North Carolina or in my hometown. I'm not sure about that yet.