12

Ava Morris

"You going out to meet Brad?" Poppy asked.

"Why do you guys always ask that? I'm not going to meet him."

"You always go out to meet him. So we thought you were going out to meet him," Lola said.

"Nope! I have a photo shoot of a couple," I said, adjusting the lens in the bag.

"Photoshoot? Whose?" they asked in unison.

"Ezarah's brother and his wife." Then I wandered towards the table where I had placed my tripod.

"You mean Kai and Angelique?" Lola asked in wonder.

"Yeah, she asked if I could be their maternity photographer."

"Wow! You are going to meet Kai and Angelique," Poppy said, while I smiled.

"My brother met all of them, he says they are actually cool and just like us. They are his friends," I said.

"Being a pop star's sister has its own benefits," Lola said, while Poppy agreed on that.

"Not always, you see people tend to ask you questions or invite themselves home just so they can see my brother. Fortunately, my brother won't come home." I answered them, tying my shoelaces.

"Ava, why doesn't your brother come home?" Poppy asked me a questioning look.

"He has his own reasons, let's just say he feels comfortable in those hotel rooms," I said, standing up.

"See you girls later!" I waved them a bye before stepping out of my dorm room.

It's been two weeks since I last saw Brad. We didn't meet after that incident in the gym. We four stayed in the gym. Later, Brad dropped me off at my dorm apartment. He didn't call me or text me. I didn't want to sound desperate, so I didn't call him.

Ezarah called me two days ago asking if I'm available for a photoshoot. She already knows that I work for a maternity agency as a photographer. I agreed as I don't have any work or any homework. We agreed to meet at one of their buildings where I'm going to click their pictures.

She informed me that it was their second baby photoshoot. She is in her fifth month. I spoke with Angel on a phone call. I heard so many stories about Kai and Angel. Two years ago, they were the hot topic of the city. Every newspaper wrote articles about them. Kai being a popular racer and Angelique being an artist attracted people and they wanted to know everything about them.

I reached the penthouse and immediately I saw Ezarah.

"Hello, Ezarah!"

"Hey!" she hugged me before I saw the people standing behind her.

"Kai and Angel, she is Ava."

"Hi," I said to Kai and Angel.

"Hello," they both greeted me in unison.

"This is my other brother Kenric." Ezarah pointed towards a guy who stood beside the glass wall. He was on his phone.

"We have already arranged everything, the white cloth and lights," Ezarah said.

"Good," I said, removing my bag and opening it.

"I will show you a few clicks so that you guys will have an idea about it," I said, showing Angel my previous photoshoot of others.

"Sure," Angel said, walking towards me. Their first kid wore a white shirt and brown pants just like his father. He looked so cute. Kai seemed to adore and love his son so much.