Chapter 4 - Mr. Beefcake

Ricky wasn't sure how long he had been in the bathroom, but it was high time he left, so he flushed, wiped his face and stepped out of the cubicle only to find Damon, Hector and Thomas waiting for him.

"Oh Ricky...." Hector had a hand over his mouth.

Not wanting their pity, Ricky silently walked over to the sink where he properly washed himself off. Luckily none of it got on his shirt. He then felt a gentle hand on his shoulder and he turned to see that Hector had hesitantly walked up to him.

"I'm fine." Ricky croaked unconvincingly. His puffy eyed reflection said otherwise.

Suddenly, Hector was hugging him. Ricky stood stiffly, not returning the embrace and instead looked up to Damon for permission. Damon nodded and he tenderly accepted the offered comfort. He took one haggard breath to steady himself. "I'm really fine. It was just something I ate."

"I'm sure." Hector lamented. 

Gently he let go of the red head and pushed him away, afraid to allow himself to be comforted for too long. "I think I'm done eating for the night, so I'll just take a taxi home."

"I can drive you?" Thomas offered.

Ricky thought it over but eventually shook his head. "I'm good. You guys enjoy the rest of your dinner." And with that, he straightened his back and walked out.

They hadn't gotten around to having an in-depth conversation like he had expected, but that couldn't be helped. He didn't want to think about anything anymore. He just wanted to take a long hot bath, watch some Netflix, and take a nap, which is exactly what he did. Unfortunately for him, his body was used to only getting 6 hours of sleep, so thanks to going to bed early, he also woke up early.

Checking the clock, he determined he had a few hours before work. With everything he had to think about he certainly wasn't drowsy either. Perhaps a run to the gym would be a good idea?

Taking a taxi, he went to his favorite workout joint and made his way to the changing rooms. It's not that he was trying to build up his muscles, it was more that he took up working out as one of many 'hobbies' back when he was getting over Chris. It just happened to stick with him.

"You go here too?" Came the familiar voice of Thomas.

Turning, Ricky nearly did a double take at the wall of abs he was greeted with. God, he knew the man was attractive, but seeing him with his shirt off was far more eye candy than he was used to seeing outside of his computer screen.

"Hello?" Thomas asked after Ricky failed to respond.

Blushing furiously, Ricky shook the lewd thoughts out of his head and he put on his business smile. "Oh, uh, yeah. I guess so."

"Really?" Thomas smiled. "I would never have guessed. You really don't look like the workout type."

"Are you calling me fat?" Ricky shot back reflexively.

Thomas blinked, then looked Ricky up and down. "Fat? Are you hiding it somewhere? Cause I was referring to your chicken legs."

Ricky faked an offended look as he dug through his workout bag, making sure his work clothes were neatly packed away. 

"Hey...Are you doing alright?" Thomas suddenly asked more seriously.

His hands paused as he was forced to recall his embarrassing display from the night before. "Uh...Yeah. Like I said...Something I ate."

"Uh huh..." Thomas was not convinced, but didn't push the subject. "Well in that case, are you sure you're up for a workout today?"

"I think I can handle it."