Chapter 30 - Captured

WARNING: Torture, pain, etc. Some scenes in this chapter may be triggering for sensitive readers.

-----------

A loud clattering noise awoke Ricky. He tried to reach up to rub the sore spot on his head, only to find himself tied to a chair. Fear shot through him as he struggled momentarily, his arms and legs bound together with his hands behind his back. A rag was stuffed into his mouth, preventing him from screaming.

After a moment, he was able to calm himself enough to take in his surroundings. There wasn't much to see since most of the room was dark and empty, but it was large with at least two overhead lights shining down. Beyond the concrete walls he thought he could hear cars driving by.

"Finally." Came a gruff voice from the darkness.

Ricky squinted to see who it was, but their form was obscured by shadow as the mystery man paced beyond the light.

"You really got yourself in a mess, didn't you?" The man taunted. "All those years ago I thought you were smart, moving away as soon as I started threatening you, but to think you'd rear your ugly head again."

Who was this guy?

His captor stopped moving, and instead shifted his arm which created another clattering noise.

"My boss isn't very happy with you, what with you spreading rumors and all that. You should know better than to try and ruin a man's reputation, especially a rich man's." That was when the stranger stepped into the light, revealing himself to be a fully formed demon dressed from head to toe in black leather. He had on a skin tight black shirt and army boots. His clawed hands were clad in finger-less gloves, and his waist was decorated with a metal studded belt that looked too thick to fit through the belt loops. In his hand was a crowbar. His eyes glowed red, piercing the darkness and complimenting his ash colored skin. His short brown hair was combed back, away from a pair of rams horns. Actually, this demon kind of looked familiar.

Then it hit him. This was that same demon that the Mendova's had used to scare him away seven years ago.

Panic shot through Ricky and he began to struggle with vigor, which only amused his captor.

This wasn't going to work, he realized. He was too tightly bound to even loosen anything. His only solution would be to try and notify his husbands. Unfortunately a demon's bond was limited. He could sense his mates when they were in need, and he could sense when they were nearby, but he didn't have anything useful like telepathy. Plus their bond had a limited range.

Relying on magic simply wasn't going to help him in this situation, but that didn't mean he was out of options.

Unbeknownst to most people, Ricky had two cell phones. He had his personal one, and then he had his work phone. The reason why he had two was because his job required that he get a phone from the company, but the security software prevented him from downloading anything outside of work related apps. Thus he kept a second, personal phone for his more private web searches...And games of course.

Desperately, he wiggled his fingers and stretched his hand towards the phone in his back pocket, knowing they had probably removed the one from the front thinking it was his only one he had. His captor took notice and grinned confidently.

"Looking for this?" The demon held up his work cell, it's screen completely smashed in. "Sorry to disappoint, but you won't be calling anyone."

Ricky sighed inwardly, glad that this man hadn't thought to look for a second device. While he couldn't see his phone screen, it only needed a fingerprint to unlock. What's more, he had added Damon to his speed dial so he knew where to tap to get a hold of him without looking.