Chapter 27 - Trouble

Warning!: Attempted suicide/depression. 

---

The powers that a demon possessed can vary greatly. Some demons, like Ricky, were practically human and only had the ability to take on a human appearance. Other, more powerful demons, could do things like manipulate fire, move things with their mind, and had innate superhuman strength.

Damon was demonstrating most of those.

In his drunken stupor, Ricky failed to notice how everything in the club was vibrating violently in place, as though ready to fly off the shelves at any second. Meanwhile everyone else in the club, human and demon alike, were running round in a panic, desperate to get away from the towering monstrosity that had just taken out the bouncer and two security guards, both of which had been backhanded against the wall by an invisible force.

The fog in his mind did not register any of this as a sign of danger though. All he saw were two familiar faces, one of which was stomping towards him. Damon was always like that though, super intimidating till you got to know him. Ricky knew better. This man wouldn't hurt him.

Ricky tried to take a step towards Damon, only to trip over his own feet and face plant on the floor. He struggled to look up as the hulking man came closer, then noticed David stepping between them.

"Don't hurt him!" David shouted with a wavering voice, his legs trembling. "He's drunk."

Damon scoffed at the small human, the first and only person to stand in his way tonight. Unfortunately he didn't know who this was or why they thought they were powerful enough to challenge him, so he shoved the human aside easily and scooped Ricky up with one arm.

Ricky glanced back and saw David laying on the floor in a daze. His euphoria instantly disappeared as a righteous fury overtook him. He turned in Damon's grasp, swinging a fist at the man's face, then reeled back and cupped his hand to his chest as his entire arm exploded in pain. Damon seemed unfazed.

"What the fuck?! Are you made of stone or something?" Ricky yelled as he rocked his injured hand.

Damon said nothing as he marched out of the club towards his car, which was parked haphazardly beside the club.

Opening the back door, he dumped Ricky inside like a sack of potatoes and turned on Chris who was following behind him.

"What the fuck is this Chris?" Damon snarled, causing the blond to step back.

"He's drunk. It's normal. He always drank when we were together."

"That's not what I'm talking about!" Damon pounded the top of the car, causing a dent as he attempted to reel in his anger. "I didn't want to believe you and your family were doing shit to him, but god damnit if this isn't incriminating."

"He was just meeting some people at a club." Chris tried to control the conversation. "What the hell is so incriminating about what you saw?"

Damon jabbed a finger back at Chris, his form rippling as he tried not to go full demon in the middle of the parking lot. "I asked you if you knew where Ricky was, and you actually took me straight to him! How the hell did you know he'd be here, in one of the shadiest clubs in the city? You know I know what kind of people meet at this place, and Ricky would never come here just for 'fun'!"

"Then you don't know him very well. I could tell you stories that would make your skin crawl."

"Don't you try to villainize him. I heard that your parents are blackmailing and harassing him. He didn't do anything to deserve that!"