Chapter 6 - Sleepless Night

Warning! Spicy Chapter!

Ricky couldn't get a wink of sleep. Try as he might, memories of the past day flashed through his mind vividly.  He couldn't stop thinking of Thomas pressing against his naked body, or how close Hector had gotten to his face, just within kissing distance, and an old ache seemed to awaken within him.

In an attempt to calm himself, he went to get a cup of water. He spotted his reflection in the glass and noticed his eyes were glowing bright amber.

Ricky doused his face in cold water to try and shake it off. This was his last night in the hotel room and he was going to get a decent night's sleep damn it!

Rolling back into bed, he tried to think of other things. That crappy Adam Sandler movie, the Count of Monte Cristo, his successful meeting with Mr. Black. Chris's face on a pinata as it got bashed in by a group of children.

Morning took forever to arrive, particularly because of his very active imagination and some rather provocative dreams. To his dismay he awoke to a soiled pair of briefs thanks to his wet dreams, which he immediately changed out of. Afterwards, Ricky came into the office looking like a zombie. Everyone congratulated him on getting such a low price for the contract, and he tried to put on a smile, but the bags under his eyes gave him away. Eventually Mr. Boyd ordered him to go home early so he could finish packing and get some rest, so he did just that.

The entirety of his luggage consisted of three bags. To be polite, he tried to tidy the room up a bit before leaving, then he went to hail a cab. Tomorrow was Saturday, and he was looking forward to spending the weekend at home and resting. It had been a crazy week.

An hour later he found himself too burnt out to unpack and opted to dig through his fridge for something to eat. His celery was still crisp, so he made a plate of celery with peanut butter and sat on the couch to watch sitcoms.

He shot Hector a text, having gotten his number and agreeing to remain in touch despite their awkward moment last night. Then he heard a knock at his door.

Confused, he went to answer it only to find Damon standing there looking upset.

"Damon?"

The larger demon looked Ricky up and down as though inspecting him before asking, "May I come in?"

Ricky made room for him to enter and Damon once again filled up a good portion of his tiny home.

"How's everyone doing?" He decided to ask, pointedly not mentioning Chris. He hadn't seen the coward since the big reveal about the divorce, and he had a feeling that was intentional.

"They're fine. I heard they've been talking to you and I appreciate that you listened. I'm not doing so great with the situation myself. You've really taken a load off my shoulders." Damon turned to stare at Ricky. 

"What?" Ricky asked, looking down at himself. When he got home, he had changed into a tight fitting T-shirt and skinny jeans so as not to ruin his work suit.

"I don't think I've seen you wear anything casual before." Damon's gaze continued to linger.

"That's because my job is my life, so I rarely take time off. Anyways, why are you here again?"

It seemed to take Damon a moment to get his thoughts together before answering. "I was worried about you."

"Me? Why?"

"Because...." Damon hesitated, then started to shuffle his feet. "Well...About last night..."

"You mean my meeting with Mr. Black? Everything went fine." Ricky explained.